Key to getting 'bargain' deals?

My friend is a very good in the signing department of FM since he ever played the game. He doesn't cheat because I played an online game with him (I Ac he Inter) and I was the host so he couldn't cheat. I tend to buy players to there asking price but my friend gets 8 out of 10 players 4,5 may 6 million under there asking price!

So, what is the key to getting a bargain deal?

Hints & tips would also be useful :D

Some one i used to play online with used to get loads of top players for nothing. I found out he was offering 0 and 4x their value after they have made 50 league appearances. Which i was fine about, Untill i then found out he sold them after they had played 49 games.

So basically he got a free player for 49 games, Then also got some free money by selling the player on before the player played his 50th game. Very cheeky indeed. :D

I don't like doing it that way though. Because i like to keep my players for more than 50 games, With that way you know your going to have to sell him before 50 games or end up paying the high transfer fee for him.

Some one i used to play online with used to get loads of top players for nothing. I found out he was offering 0 and 4x their value after they have made 50 league appearances. Which i was fine about, Untill i then found out he sold them after they had played 49 games.

So basically he got a free player for 49 games, Then also got some free money by selling the player on before the player played his 50th game. Very cheeky indeed. :D

I don't like doing it that way though. Because i like to keep my players for more than 50 games, With that way you know your going to have to sell him before 50 games or end up paying the high transfer fee for him.

Sleigh manager!

I've never liked paying money after appearances/6,12 or 24 months. But from peoples thoughts I will give it a try. I'm only asking this because I took over Porto who are in debt for some reason at the end of the second season :S little money to play with :( good challenge though!

its definatly worth doing for an older player that you want but isnt going out of contract especially if he aint going to be much good in say a years time.

Sleigh manager!

I've never liked paying money after appearances/6,12 or 24 months. But from peoples thoughts I will give it a try. I'm only asking this because I took over Porto who are in debt for some reason at the end of the second season :S little money to play with :( good challenge though!

sometimes, esp when there's not much in the coffers, you just have to take the dreaded route of payment after x-appearance or 36/48-month monthly instalment, lest you won't get the player at all and your season'll turn for the worse, which'll lead to poor league positions and as a result less money altogether.

it's a risk that one just has to take. more often than not however, it'll turn out fine as long as you've got decent formation and tactics and will climb up the table.

Could it be possible your mate is unsettling the player via the media, and trying to get the player to hand in a transfer request? I do this wth my potential signings and there are some significant savings to be made.

Nope he doesn't do that, the only thing he does is scout report that player and puts an offer in.

the key is timing.....

trying to pul a star player from a team that is in form, happy, under a long-term deal, and winning will cost you big bucks. Wait it out until the right time to make a bid....

For example: In FM 09 I got Stewart Downing for a mere 6 million due to circumstances surrounding him and his club. Then my next save I couldn't get him for even 15 million....

Archived