Manager of the season??

The manager of the month/year algorithm is, dissappointingly, nonsense. For years it has just been based on performance of the club in all competitions with no relativity to expectations etc so you could easily be newly promoted and finish fourth in the league, say 16 positions above where you could be predicted to finish and not even get in the top three for MOTM or MOTY. MOTM/MOTY needs to be relative to expectations.

could we see scrennie's of this.

Just go to the MOTM award under the awards tab under your league, you'll see the awards are doled out by which manager got the most league points, absolutely ignoring who they played and how good a team they have /what the expectation levels are.

MOTY I believe gets points from league position and cup (domestic & non-domestic) progress added together, but like I said, there is no relativity which makes the whole thing a bit of a farce frankly.

Just go to the MOTM award under the awards tab under your league, you'll see the awards are doled out by which manager got the most league points, absolutely ignoring who they played and how good a team they have /what the expectation levels are.

I think he meant can we see screenshots of of fergie coming 3 aftrer man yoo finished mid table ;)

In case a screenie never turns up, it'll just be that he's done well in europe or in the domestic cups, and so this has given him lots of "manager points".

I'd be interested to here from someone in SI Towers if this area is going to be looked at for FM2011 as I feel it's been due an upgrade for years! (For the record I think the FM10 is fantastic and this is one of the very few annoying factors, and I appreciate it's hardly a big issue!)

Archived