Can you become a legend for your club?

err... I'm not exactly sure when I appeared on it, but I'm definitely there now (2018)!! I've won 4 Premiership titles, 2 Champ league, 3 Community Shields, 1 Super Cup, 1 League Cup and 2 Club World Championships. I think it might have been the year we did Prem/Champ League double (2011), but like I said, I'm not 100% sure...

err... I'm not exactly sure when I appeared on it, but I'm definitely there now (2018)!! I've won 4 Premiership titles, 2 Champ league, 3 Community Shields, 1 Super Cup, 1 League Cup and 2 Club World Championships. I think it might have been the year we did Prem/Champ League double (2011), but like I said, I'm not 100% sure...

Thats pretty unrealistic if thats the case (that you got onto the list in 2011). Surely managers wouldn't be considered legends at a club after 2 seasons IRL? (Take Mourinho at Chelsea as an example, he is remembered there as a great manager at Chelsea, but not a legend).

Thats pretty unrealistic if thats the case (that you got onto the list in 2011). Surely managers wouldn't be considered legends at a club after 2 seasons IRL? (Take Mourinho at Chelsea as an example, he is remembered there as a great manager at Chelsea, but not a legend).

Yeah, I suppose it would be rather quick. I'm only guessing at it being that year because of the trophies won, although it couyld easily have been 2012, which would make slightly more sense, as we won back-to-back league titles.

I am currently on the list of Newcastle legends. I have won the FA cup 3 times, the League cup twice, The Champions League once, The Euro Super Cup twice, Club World Cup and the Premier League once. I am about to start 2015-16. The thing that moved me from favoured personnel was the league win (which was last season).

I disagree - I think Mourinho is a legend at Chelsea, or at very least an icon. And that's without any CL success.

How long did it take you to do this?!

I won it when I was in the Championship in 2017, I started unemployed and some Italian businessman took over Bromley, I got the job and had £800k to spend which was rather quite glorious in the Blue Square South and gained successive promotions with the amount of cash into the coffers increasing at a stupendous rate!

Currently fighting as a lower league Championship side and floundering slightly

My route to the Final

FAC3 - Crewe (2-1)

FAC4 - Lincoln City (1-1 then 3-0)

FAC5 - Sheffield United (1-1 then 2-2 then penalty win 8-7) Sheff Utd 3 red cards

FAC6 - Bolton (1-0) Bolton 2 red cards

FACSF - Southampton (penalty win 5-4) They had 2 goals disallowed in ET

FACF - Sunderland (penalty win 12-11) Sunderland reduced to 9 men 1 red card/injury

So I did have an easyish kinda route and some help from the referee's and a lot of luck

Does it still remove you from the legends or favoured personel areas like it used to on previous versions? This i found very annoying especially if you decided to leave as you had achieved all you could and wanted to move on which happened on my inter save

Disagree mourinho-chelsea legend.

But then you have to think chelsea did not win the league in 50 years.

Not really.

Rafa Benitez was considered an "icon" (by the games standards) after Istanbul and he only won us the Champions League.

If Rafa got sacked today and the new manager won us the Prem and the Champions league then i guarantee we'd label him a Liverpool legend, because we crave the league so much that anyone who wins it for us will instantly be a god.

I just made the jump from favoured personnel to legend after a Coupe de la Ligue win. I'd previously got:

1x Ligue1, 1x UEFA Cup, 2x Coupe de la Ligue, 1x French Cup & 3x French Champions Trophy.

It is a LOT easier to get Legendary status in FM10 than FM09.

Edit - Missed the French Cup :)

If you win a title with Liverpool, legend status is probably warranted :D

i wish!:D I won the prem in the first season and didn't even make it onto the favoured personnel. I really think anyone who wins the prem with liverpool irl will become favoured personnel on the game.

I am currently on the list of Newcastle legends. I have won the FA cup 3 times, the League cup twice, The Champions League once, The Euro Super Cup twice, Club World Cup and the Premier League once. I am about to start 2015-16. The thing that moved me from favoured personnel was the league win (which was last season).

Kinell, with that record i'm surprised they haven't erected a statue of you.

Bloody hell!

I win promotions back to back to the Championship and an FA Cup for Bromley and they don't even favour me! (yet 4 of my coaching staff are favoured and 6 of my players, including 2 legends!)

Yet some people on here win the League Cup or the Europa Tin Pot Consolation with teams that they quite frankly...should...win it with and get lauded!

Down with the Bromley Billionaire owner!

• 2 weeks later...

Down with the Bromley Billionaire owner!

I just won the League Cup in my third season on a Leyton Orient save.

The news article read;

Despite thier lowly stature on this stage, Leyton Orient have pulled off an oustanding achievement and the O's fans will celebrate this for some time to come. Manager XXXX XXX has been labelled the mastermind behind the success and must surely go down as a legend in the history of the club.

Sure enough, after reading that I checked the club info screen and I am now listed as a Legend.

Three seasons, 1 promotion (currently in a play off position in the championship) and that cup win. All other cup attempts, including the same seasons FA Cup has seen me go out within the first couple of rounds, the League cup was achieved by blind luck really.

I think the problem is it seems to be done by the reputation that the team currently is when you reach aan achievement, rather than what it was when you took over.

So winning the League Cup with a League Two side = Club Legend

Taking a League Two side and then getting to the Premiership and winning the League Cup with them = not a club legend

Which is silly as the manager who did the second one would obviously be more legendary irl.

There should be an in between though. You can only seem to be a Legend or a Favoured Personnel, not an Icon. Some suggestions I made in another thread about what you need to do to become one or another:

For a Human Player to Become a Legend they have to do one of:

* Win 3 or more Champions Leagues at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win 7 or more Premier League titles at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win the Champions League with a team who's reputation is 7500 or below when taking over.

* Win the Premier League with a team who's reputation is 6500 or below when taking over.

* Win the FA Cup with a team who's reputation is 5000 or below when taking over.

* Win the FA Trophy with a team who's reputation is 1000 or below when taking over.

* Take a team up 3 tiers of the league ladder (e.g. League Two to Premiership/Conference to Championship/ Conference North/South to League One)

* Increase a teams reputation by 4000 points or more.

For a Human Player to Become an Icon they have to do one of:

* Win 2 Champions Leagues at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win 4-6 Premier League titles at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win the Champions League with a team who's reputation is 7501-8750 when taking over.

* Win the Premier League with a team who's reputation is 6501-7500 when taking over.

* Win the FA Cup with a team who's reputation is 5001-6500 when taking over.

* Win the League Cup with a team who's reputation is 4000 or below when taking over.

* Win the FA Trophy with a team who's reputation is 1001-1250 when taking over.

* Take a team up 2 tiers of the league ladder (e.g. League one to Premiership/League Two to Championship/Conference to League One/Conference North/South to League Two)

For a Human Player to Become a Favoured Personnel they have to do one of:

* Win the Champions Leagues at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win 2-3 Premier League titles at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win the FA Cup with a team who's reputation is 6501-7000 when taking over.

* Win the FA Trophy with a team who's reputation is 1251-1400 when taking over.

* Win the League Cup with a team who's reputation is 4001-4500 when taking over.

As a Chelsea fan of many years i have to disagree with you!

Mourinho is a legend! No Chelsea fan that i know of wanted him to leave the club!

I got QPR promoted and into Europe and wasnt even in the favourite personnel even though I overachieved every season! I left because they wouldnt expand the stadium and they finished dead last.

Seeing the list above makes it seem a bit daft, you can massively overachieve and smaller clubs and not get anything (yet all the real life favoured personnel for QPR have never come near the list above) yet you get on the list when you do whats expected at the bigger clubs.

SI really need to fix this as if your on any favoured lists of the club your managing as soon as you leave you become hated this is just stupid i took Southampton up to the premiership in succesive seasons against all odds then was offered a bigger challenge in France and now I'm hated by the fans. Like that would happen after achieving the impossible with them you would be thanked for your hardwork and be a favoured member by the fans & club for dragging them kicking & screaming out of the ****!! Please SI fix the thing it's been like this for years now

There should be an in between though. You can only seem to be a Legend or a Favoured Personnel, not an Icon.

In that same save I achieved icon status getting Leyton O promoted to the Championship. To be fair, the expectation was to avoid relegation.

SI really need to fix this as if your on any favoured lists of the club your managing as soon as you leave you become hated this is just stupid i took Southampton up to the premiership in succesive seasons against all odds then was offered a bigger challenge in France and now I'm hated by the fans. Like that would happen after achieving the impossible with them you would be thanked for your hardwork and be a favoured member by the fans & club for dragging them kicking & screaming out of the ****!! Please SI fix the thing it's been like this for years now

That one is a major issue for me too. Sure, if I left Liverpool and eventually became manager of a major rival, that might do it, but in situations like the one cruyff14 mentioned, it is ridiculous.

Became a legend with Man Utd in 2015...left the club after that season to manage Barcelona....then got taken off the legend list.

bit out of order from the 2 G'S (glazer and gill)

ah well, time to become a legend at the Camp Nou!

I don't think that's wrong to be honest. Most legendary managers for 'big' clubs stay with that club and don't jump ship to another big club - I don't think Utd fans would be too happy with Ferguson if he left to manage Barcelona.

Archived