Five Games in Six Days

I'd report this in the bug forum mate, that is just stupid, I had to play 2 games in 2 days and my players were knackered, but 5 in 6 days has to be a bug, not even the SFA are that stupid, and because your Rangers the SFA would always favour you and Celtic over the rest of the league just like the FA do with the big teams in England, I mean Man U are £900 million in debt and they dock Luton points and have a go at Accrington Stanley because of £30,000, which makes me dislike the entire FA and the 'big four'. Also love the fact that the only teams in the EPL that aren't in debt are Wolves, Birmingham and Burnley, the 3 teams that just came up, says alot about football these days.

@flashback790 - I think it's because Man Utd aren't run on debt. They don't lose money every year. They make it. Not to mention that debt was built up by the owners taking out a loan against the club in order to buy it. We have agreed loan repayments, and we don't miss them. I believe this is where the big clubs differ from those lower down the leagues...and Chelsea :p

@Misodoctakleidist - But would have to agree with 5 games over 6 days being stupid. I posted in another thread with the idea for us to be able to reschedule matches ourselves if they can't do it automatically. Place a button at the bottom right with "Reschedule match" on it or something...if it is too difficult to rearrange matches automatically.

In real life I believe you are not allowed to play League matches for 3 days either side of a European match.

This is one of those things FM seriously needs to fix. I think you should only be allowed to reschedule league matches though. Even if you bring the game forward by 2-3 months! For example you could have 3 games in a week later in the season, you could reschedule one to mid-November between 2 other fixtures. Fixture congestion is a problem for some people, and looking at your screenshot, you have hardly done anything exceptional like one other person that posted :)

If Man U make money every year then why is it that their debt has gone up not down every year? You can say what you want but the fact is that the big 4 are in more debt than League 1,2 and the Championship put together. It is a very sad state that the big teams get a better deal than the rest of the teams in the country rom the FA, FIFA etc. I'm not gonna mention refs, just the governing bodies that put the extra effort to see that the big teams remain the big teams and that the small teams remain the small teams. Take the Henry handball incident, if Ireland had won by cheating, you can guarantee Platini and co. would have ordered a rematch or rendered the match void and awarded the victory to France on a new 'fair play directive', but because its only minnows Ireland, tough.

It's almost certainly down to the split. Believe me, it's not easy to set things up so that the end dates of competition stages can be shifted, as there's a knock on effect that filters right the way through.

Whether or not it's a bug depends on your definition of bug. I'd say it isn't one, it's just a necessary element of the game's design. Something to be looked at in the future.

@Younger Crayola

I can understand why this is so difficult to programme considering all the competitions that need to be taken into account, but it is still a bug. I'm not sure how the SPL is scheduled in real life when situations like this crop up, but I would assume they'd postpone the Celtic game until after the split since both teams have already secured top six places. They would probably also postpone the Scottish Cup 1/4 final replay and bring forward the Dundee game in its place.

@JJKF1

My squad isn't bad so I plan to play a makeshift team of backup players against Celtic and Dundee. Then it should just be a fairly normal week for my first team.

@mbchuz

You're right. I always make that mistake.

@BigCisHere

I've done nothing exceptional. Only managed to stay in the Europa League and both domestic cup competitions so you'd think the game whould be able to handle it. I would have thought it would be a fairly common occurrence with the old firm.

Archived