Wishlist - What Would You Like To See Removed?

We've heard all about what people would like to see added to FM, but is there anything that you would like to see removed.

Please only suggest things that you want to see removed completely, rather than things that don't work properly, but are considered a good idea if functioning correctly e.g. Confidence system.*

I would like to see FM remove finance in the confidence section. I don't see what it has to do with me, as long as i'm within my transfer and wage budget surely everything else is the Managing Directors problem. I don't see why I can get fired for a clubs financial situation when a majority of it is out of my hands.

Well, in my game premier league teams that go down allways come strait back up. Newcastle went a whole season and only lost one game. And all the Promoted teams seem to come strait down. I think it should be more even. Also the quality of the Premier League players, even Derby players, are too good.

I'd like to see the end of the current model for in -game tactics and substitutions. I can't think about making a change while the game is still running! I liked the old system where the game paused so that you could make a change in your own time.

when you sell a player and if you play that players team it always makes you comment on him.! I HATE THAT! I sold one of my players to a team in my league and I always play them and I ALWAYS HAVE TO COMMENT! Uhhhh EVEN YEARS AFTER!!!!!!!

Cesc Fabregas & Arsenal icon_wink.gif

Since that won't be happening I think the referee summoning the player to him should be removed, quite frankly the amount of times the referee calls a defender up to the half way line after a challenge, and the amount of times I've seen a team score past me because of a ball down the flank where theres a missing player, it seems to be something of an error in the match engine. Obviously not the full match engine, just an aspect within it lol.

Feeder clubs in the UK, they're banned IRL so I don't use them but I'm forever getting tonked all over the place when the opposition pitch up with a team full of Premier league & Championship youth players.

That god awful eye-blinding skin. I know bloom is the in-thing but not in a 2d game icon_smile.gif

The "player x is returning" comment. Drives. Me. Insane.

The stupid way that leagues never improve or get worse. 10 years ago no-one would have put the EPL above La Liga or Serie A. In FM terms it's impossible to improve.

Also remove the CA/PA affecting every stat. Have a seperate CA/PA for Mental, Technical and Physical.

If I'm playing in the bottom division of a country and apply for a job in the bottom division in another country I'm quite sure that the press wouldn't get hold of that story...

I mean, Russian newspapers can't be so damn effective that they know everything.

Or maybe they just bug my office..

Guest roberto922
Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I want the squad bonuses removed from the game because there to high.I won 1m for winning the Carling Cup and had to pay the team 2m for winning it.

It's always 1.7m that I have to pay out, but I'd like to see bonuses stay but go down a bit as it inspires the players in the start of the season.

Guest roberto922
That god awful eye-blinding skin. I know bloom is the in-thing but not in a 2d game

The "player x is returning" comment. Drives. Me. Insane.

The stupid way that leagues never improve or get worse. 10 years ago no-one would have put the EPL above La Liga or Serie A. In FM terms it's impossible to improve.

Also remove the CA/PA affecting every stat. Have a seperate CA/PA for Mental, Technical and Physical.

Yeah I hate the player returns to old club thing too, I had Gardner on loan at everton by default and cancelled it after a day and I still get the bloody message!!

The competition news screen. I think it's a lot easier to immerse yourself in the game if news about your competition is direct to your inbox. At the minute I often miss important in-game news because I don't often go on the other news-screen.

This

Originally posted by gunnerfan:

When a match goes to penalties, the ridiculous waiting while the player walks to the spot.

This

Originally posted by santy001:

Since that won't be happening I think the referee summoning the player to him should be removed, quite frankly the amount of times the referee calls a defender up to the half way line after a challenge, and the amount of times I've seen a team score past me because of a ball down the flank where theres a missing player, it seems to be something of an error in the match engine. Obviously not the full match engine, just an aspect within it lol.

and this

Originally posted by andre17:

when you sell a player and if you play that players team it always makes you comment on him.! I HATE THAT! I sold one of my players to a team in my league and I always play them and I ALWAYS HAVE TO COMMENT! Uhhhh EVEN YEARS AFTER!!!!!!!

That was easy icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

The ability to criticise the ref because you think a penalty was harsh. It's impossible to tell if it was justified or not so it's a wasteof time being there.

You can actually tell. If the commentary says "____ will feel that was harsh", or "____ will have a real claim for a penalty there...", or "that looked dubious". Obviously, with commentary off than there is no way of knowing.

For me:

-Superkeepers

-Superstrikers (Jermaine Defoe icon_mad.gif )

-unnatural player ability, especially in regards to dribbling and shooting

-No set PA, I'd like a PA which is dependent on how the players perform. They do this in SI's (I think it's SI's) baseball game, but for some reason it's not in WSM. For instance, if a player is consistently playing well and demonstrating potential, then his PA (and CA) should go up. If Messi, for example, starts playing horribly, his CA and PA should go down.

Originally posted by Ryan,,,:

You can pause the game. I do it all the time. Just pause play and go onto the tactics screen.

The problem is not really with pausing. It happened to me several times that I made a substitution and while waiting the two minutes or so for the tactical changes to kick in, I had a defender sent off. When the game returned me to the tactics screen, the change had already been made and having used up all my substitutions I couldn't put on another defender and ended up playing someone out of position. And there's no way of cancelling tactical changes as well. With the old system, where you had to wait to get to the tactics screen but all changes took place immediately this problem didn't exist.

My biggest annoyances in no apparent order:

- Media comments on on-pitch controversies that you don't have any chance of judging anyway. Was it a penalty? I don't know... I only saw two blobs collide!

- Media comments on former players. Come on, cut it out. Seriously.

- The transfer system. Many (good) players are impossible to shift, others are traded at ridiculous prices. Furthermore, players seem to be restricted geographically: I had a Dutch regen. He came out of Real Madrid and had decent experience in Spain. When my EPL side tried to sell him, who were interested? Twelve EPL clubs and no one else! Surely such a player would generate interest from all of Europe. Why do I have to sell him to another PL club? Give us the option of truly offering a player to everyone except for the clubs in your own country, please.

- FM08's new and "improved" substitution system. Bring the old one back.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I don't think ANY of the above suggestions should be removed altogether other than feeder clubs for UK if they are illegal.

They're not, not in the way the game has them.

You can't have a club that is financially dependant on you, but you can have an informal arrangement by which you will preferentially loan out players. Dozens of clubs in England have such arrangements in place.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I don't think ANY of the above suggestions should be removed altogether other than feeder clubs for UK if they are illegal. Otherwise, all the points need tweaking up or down - i.e. improving, not removing.

I yhink things like wathcing the player walk up to take a penlaty from the half way line etc should go, but I do aggree that things like the dreaded "player X is returning", doesn't necessarily need removed but it definately needs fixed.

Team talks...horrible implementation ..im not sure if its even something that is possible to do without it looking like a crappy "choose the right answer" type of crap.

Match flow...or whatever the new pointless system of forcing you to click through the screens you dont want to see.

Media....do it completely differently or dont do it at all. Selecting the right magical radio button is not fun.

My turn.

Remove Real Time Tactical Changes (or make it optional). I like to pause, because I like to analyze in more detail some values of players to make the right substitution.

Remove the velocity of clock in match into passing minute by minute into the old way seeing the seconds pass as well.

Remove the transfer news and merge it with the inbox, like FM07. If the news don't interest me i pass along but if the tranfer interest me i like to read in more detail.

At first i really like the option button regarding transfer of player to be a simple and quick click. But after a while i rarely use it, because I like to see in detail what are the transfer value for one of my players in detail.

I think that is all if something comes up in the meantime i'll post in this thread.

I knew i fergot something.

I don't want as remove option, but it is more like change. In team talk I always choose my AM to do it. I do not need it to show the team talk screen before every game and in half time, because my AM does it for me. I like as it was on FM07.

In spain, the clubs give massive bonusses to their B teams, when i was valencia my board paid out £15m to the b team and they only finished 15th in that b4 division. this puts alot of the clubs in debt, am in 2019 at the moment, and now the spanish premier is nearly as bad as the scottish premier. even barce got relegated to liga bbva and real madrid are currently 14th. villreal are top of the spansih premier- their most valubale player is worth 4 million

The news in the news box saying the last match results; you can just go to the league page to check those.

Arsenal 2-0 Bolton, The even match but Arsenal had the extra cutting edge in front of goal

Liverpool 3-1 Wigan, Liverpool turned the superior possession into goals

Man Utd 0-0 Man City, an even match ended goalless

etc.

Those are crap since they flood your news box while some relevant news are pushed to the very last one.

Remove the current in game tactics system and replace it with one where your tactics are applied right away and only need to wait for the ball to go out of play if you're making a substitution.

Also remove those stupid unrealistic 4-2-4 and 2-3-5 formations that the opposition switches to late in the match. Totally ridiculous.

Some people seem to have lost track of what the OP originally said. He wasn't talking about stuff that was clearly a good idea but needed improving, such as the transfer system, team talks and confidence.

Surely we all want these things to stay, no? We just want to see them either tweaked or massively overhauled. The OP was asking about stuff that should just be removed full-stop, never to see the light of day again.

For me, it would be unrealistic invites to things like the Confederations Cup.

Originally posted by Mike7077:

Some people seem to have lost track of what the OP originally said. He wasn't talking about stuff that was clearly a good idea but needed improving, such as the transfer system, team talks and confidence.

Surely we all want these things to stay, no? We just want to see them either tweaked or massively overhauled. The OP was asking about stuff that should just be removed full-stop, never to see the light of day again.

For me, it would be unrealistic invites to things like the Confederations Cup.

Indeed, I think the thread has swung towards the "remove things that are good but don't work properly", which I really didn't want to happen. Things like confidence and team talks are good ideas and if they worked properly would be great, but removing them would just be losing a good feature because it doesn't work atm.

Another thing I would remove is, that when leaving a club, no matter how long you have worked there you become 100/100 disliked personnel. So 20 years service means they hate you as much as 1/2 days service.

id like to see the tactical and team talk side of things toned down abit... you need flipping Uefa coaching badges to play this game nowadays...

maybe two modes types i.e. beginner and expert...

with beginner the match engine and outcome focusing more on whos players are better and abit less on the tactics (sort of like them old school lma manager games on ps2)

and expert being for those of you who have gained your coaching badges

Originally posted by Drunk Beware:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott1990:

For me:

-Superkeepers

-Superstrikers

No such thing anyway. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Play against Jaaskeleinan and you'll see what I mean. Or check out Jermaine Defoe, Barbatov, or Rooney's goal tallies and you will understand.

Originally posted by Kazza:

If I had to only choose one it would be: "the one asking for my comment on the penalty (the text isn't good enough to make a judgement on)."

K icon_wink.gif

That's a good example of what I mean by improvement, not removal is the way forward. The text in these controversial incidents should be clearer, and most importantly, when we're incited to complain there should be the possibility of a positive outcome rather than ALWAYS being rejected and punished.

Originally posted by Mike7077:

IMO team talks were a bad idea icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Scott1990:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drunk Beware:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott1990:

For me:

-Superkeepers

-Superstrikers

No such thing anyway. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Play against Jaaskeleinan and you'll see what I mean. Or check out Jermaine Defoe, Barbatov, or Rooney's goal tallies and you will understand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope you are not making any sense it is all in your mind.

Originally posted by Scott1990:

-Superkeepers

-Superstrikers (Jermaine Defoe icon_mad.gif )

-unnatural player ability, especially in regards to dribbling and shooting

-No set PA, I'd like a PA which is dependent on how the players perform. They do this in SI's (I think it's SI's) baseball game, but for some reason it's not in WSM. For instance, if a player is consistently playing well and demonstrating potential, then his PA (and CA) should go up. If Messi, for example, starts playing horribly, his CA and PA should go down.

Superkeepers do not exist, it is definately your tactics.

Superstrikers do exist, unfortuantely it's their tactics, and a definate need to downgrade attributes etc.

I don't think PA should go down, because no matter what the player will have the "potential" to be that good. I don't see how Messi can be 198 PA then have a bad season and have a PA of 188, fact is he still has the "potential" to achieve the 198 again.

As for CA moving up and down dependent on form etc, this already happens.

I'd get rid of the face packs. Do we have to have a ridiculous picture of a non-existent player that looks like a crimewatch photofit. I can't believe that people have posted in the past and asked if the face packs change, especially their haircuts! Go player Pro-evo if you want to see pictures!

It's just a gimicky feature that adds no value to the game.

Incidentally, I know it's optional. I know it's a persons choice and it's not my business to talk about what people want on their game. I would just add that making face packs took time that could have been better used on something useful, like the gameplay

I agree that this either needs removed completely or at least more randomised.

The commenting on former players is just absurd. I purchased an 18 year old Brazilian midfielder once who was supposed to be the next great thing. He was a constant pain and always complaining to the media about everything. Didn't get along with the rest of the team, missed practice regularly, etc....Two years later I sold him for the first available offer even though I lost $8 million on the deal. Now, several years on he's a superstar for Olympique Lyonnais valued at $31 million. He came back to face my Celtic team in the quarterfinals of the Champions League and I didn't have the opportunity to comment on him. Certainly, the real media would ask me about him? Yet, I can't go a league game without being asked about some scrub I dumped off my youth squad who I don't even remember?!? Makes no sense at all.

Again, people. We're talking about stuff that needs working on, not removing. Commenting on former players should be in the game. It doesn't need removing. It's just a bit shoddily implemented at the moment and needs working on.

Originally posted by duck my sick:

I thought feeder clubs were allowed in England? icon_confused.gif

The board of Burnley FC are now in America to set up a feeder club to get the best of their young talent.

Feeder clubs are legal in England as Man Utd send loads of players on loan to Antwerp (either to get round work permits or to give youngsters some experience).

Archived