PDA

View Full Version : Couple of strange-ish things .....

Rice2cu
24-11-2009, 03:40
This is not a rant or complaint, Im a huge fam of FM games in general.
But theres a couple of minor things that bug me that I think would be easy to sort out (For such a talented team of guys).

1)I sign Jordan Spence from West Ham to my newly promoted Coventry in season two. I want to develop some good home grown lads because I brought in a lot of Foriegn players to get me promoted.
He wins the October premiership young player award, so I decide to praise him up a bit. Maybe Ill build his confidence, morale and maybe he'll add me to his favoured people list.
Next day I get a message saying Spence is bemused and thinks his performances have been below par..... Errrrrrr :confused:

2) I draw 1-1 at home to Stoke who have yet to get a point in 4 games. Im a bit annoyed by the performance. We only managed to equalise in the 85th minute. The fans are pleased by the result but they was well upset when Arsenal (10 ponits from 12 at start of season) beat us 1-0 away with a hotly disputed penalty..... Errrr :confused:
I know fans can be fickle but I think they could at least be pleased with the effort or something.

3)My GK at Coventry is the rated Westwood. I get the team promoted and in the following season, he puts in 3 transfer demands pre season, there had been lots of interest and enquiries about him..... I accept the 3rd cos he's annoying the hell out of the squad.
NP, I go buy Hart from Man City, He was listed, for 2.2 mil. I then sell westwood to West Ham for 4.5mil and everyones happy........ Or so you'd think!!
The fans are pleased at the signing of Hart and royally cheesed off at me for letting Westwood go. Shouldn't they be royally cheesed off at Westwood for showing zero loyalty in a promotion year???? And pleased at me for such a good bit of business????

4) So far I have found that the option to buy a player and spread the payment over 48 months is a slightly overpowered option. I had 24mil to spend when I got Coventry promoted to the prem and I sold 6mil worth of talent. But yet I bought in 61mil worth of players.
Ive done similar things in other saves and this option does not seem to adversly affect future transfer budgets. I think that if you buy a player for 20 mil over 48 months, 5mil should be taken from your transfer funds each season AFTER the amount of transfer funds has been announced.
It would then be possible that you could spend the next four seasons funds in one season ..... That should make it a little less powerful.

5)Physios seem useless. They are just there to tell you how long it will be before a player recovers, or am I wrong? Shouldnt the physio's ability help a player recover faster? It should work the way the coaches formula for a particular aspect of training works...... Or maybe it already does??? It don't seem to be like that to me though.

6)I bought Michael Johnson for my newly promoted Coventry in season 2. He plays the first 5 games and averages 6.2. In the fans confidence section, they are delighted by the purchase and are pleased with his recent fine performances. I have 8 players in the team with average ratings over 7, infact, Johnsons ratings are about the worst in the team. :confused:

7) I wanted to sub Krivets in one of my Coventry games because he was performing below par. His rating was 6.2 and his stamina was fairly low. There were 20mins to go and I had used two subs already. One due to a first half injury and one due to a sending off early in the second half. As I was about to go to the tactic screen, A player got injured so I had to leave Krivets on. His perormance did not improve but due to a great performance and a very late goal by Guillherme, we won the game 2-1. After the final whistle and as it went to the full time team talk screen, Krivets final ratings went from 6.3 to 7.1 ....... Errrrr :confused:

Please note that all these things have happened to me on different games and they have happened several times.... These are just meant as examples.
Are any of the above actually designed to be like that?

Lordarod
24-11-2009, 15:05
I'm a fam too :D good post

TheRiddler
24-11-2009, 16:19
With regards to number 2, is it possible that you played well at Stoke, without winning, and against Arsenal you should have been decimated but they couldn;t score?

I agree it's harsh, but as a Spurs fan, I was more pleased by our performance against Stoke which we lost, then our one against Sunderland that we won.

Oxford_Canary
24-11-2009, 16:35
Good post raising a lot of issues which I'm sure most of us have experienced at one time or another. I agree that fans in the modern game are far more ready to side with the club than with star players so the selling of Westwood after he made it clear he wanted to leave shouldn't have raised more than a ripple of protest and it would be nice if the game could acknowledge the ability of a good replacement signing to pacify any discontent.

As for the physio thing I agree that it's always been strange. There's a limit to how much a physio's ability can speed up healing times (given the nature of the job what you're actually saying is that a bad physio should slow down a player's recovery which just makes the whole thing sound quite unethical). I was under the impression that a physio with a rating of 20 could diagnose injuries more accurately than one with a rating of 5 and so would give you a better idea of how long the player would be out.

In the case of Krivets some ratings changes occur due to his performance over time. Perhaps he had a really good last 5 minutes? Was he involved in your late goal at all because that would certainly change it.

Rice2cu
25-11-2009, 12:18
With regards to number 2, is it possible that you played well at Stoke, without winning, and against Arsenal you should have been decimated but they couldn;t score?

I agree it's harsh, but as a Spurs fan, I was more pleased by our performance against Stoke which we lost, then our one against Sunderland that we won.

I understand your point but according to the overall player ratings and match stats, our performance against Stoke was nowhere like the one against Arsenal.
Maybe we are a better defnsive team or something, but it still seems to unrealistic and spoils it a wee bit.

DonnyNoel
25-11-2009, 12:22
Not worth a thread on its own but the only random thing to have happened to me is drawing Port Vale every year for 3 years in the first round of the League Cup!

Rice2cu
25-11-2009, 12:24
Good post raising a lot of issues which I'm sure most of us have experienced at one time or another. I agree that fans in the modern game are far more ready to side with the club than with star players so the selling of Westwood after he made it clear he wanted to leave shouldn't have raised more than a ripple of protest and it would be nice if the game could acknowledge the ability of a good replacement signing to pacify any discontent.

Exactly!! .... You said what I was unable to, due to a lack of writing skills ;)

As for the physio thing I agree that it's always been strange. There's a limit to how much a physio's ability can speed up healing times (given the nature of the job what you're actually saying is that a bad physio should slow down a player's recovery which just makes the whole thing sound quite unethical). I was under the impression that a physio with a rating of 20 could diagnose injuries more accurately than one with a rating of 5 and so would give you a better idea of how long the player would be out.

I'd like to see them more affective at getting a player back into action. Perhaps, with some injuries, a formula for affectiveness can be put together, maybe including the stats of your fitness coaches. Im not talking dramtic changes, but taking a week off of a 6 week injury would not be tottally unrealistic.

In the case of Krivets some ratings changes occur due to his performance over time. Perhaps he had a really good last 5 minutes? Was he involved in your late goal at all because that would certainly change it.

No, I checked that mate. We scored after a GK parried a shot from a FK.

Thanks for the constructive reply.

santy001
25-11-2009, 12:43
Perhaps your fans realised Stoke are harder to play against than Arsenal ;) lol

On a more serious note it may be down to some rivalries about the results issue, do Coventry have a rivalry/dislike of Arsenal in-game? I know at Stoke my fans would be "okay" with a defeat to Bolton, but were disappointed in my draw with Man Utd because Man Utd are down as one of the teams disliked by fans.

jayahr
25-11-2009, 12:49
Well it seems some more polishing needs to be done in the future too ;)