How often do you guys use touchline shouts?

Am surprised no one else has replied yet.

My methods change week to week but at present I do this:

*Set starting tactic as my usual formation with the tweaks I think best to suit the Oppos.

*Use ass man OI advice & set, but ONLY the weaker foot advice

*Kick off and watch 5 mins

*THEN (regardless of the 1st 5 mins outcome) use the appropriate TS's, with reference to the guide in the Tactic Theorum doc for FM10

I like to give the team 5 mins with no shouts just to see what happens. The shouts I use tie in with the pre-match Ass Man report so they should always be "good".

I find they do help and that setting all OI's to the Ass Man advice seems to cause problems (like DC's running out of position to press players on "close down at all times". It make sense really.

I almost never use touchline shouts in the first half of a match. If I'm playing poorly at half time I look at the match stats and own/opposition player stats and try to work out whats gone wrong, the usually just change a player or two and change strategy.

Towards the end of games where I lead I use shouts to retain possession and play ball to feet if I'm strong enough, combined with control strategy.

If I'm not strong enough to keep the ball I use a defensive strategy with the shouts stay on feet, stand off, and clear to the wings.

I rarely use shouts as an offensive weapon, prefer to switch player roles and strategy.

And as tiger posted, I only use the weaker foot OI, the rest will mess up your defensive stability and formation

I always have 'Exploits The flanks', 'Work Ball Into Box', 'Hassle Opponents' and 'Get Stuck In' on all the time. Seems to help as I just won the Premiership with Spurs in the third season.

I am exactly the same and I have won the FA cup twice, the league cup twice, Champions League and now the Premier League with Newcastle in 2015.

Pretty much always seem to use Work Ball Into Box and Retain Possession coupled with almost every player on Rarely attempting Long Shots. Sometimes will use Exploit Flanks if my opposition is playing with 3 in the center. If I'm down towards the end ill use the Attempt More Risks shout.

I always use them. Perhaps too much. Sometimes I can have 5 or 6 running at a time if I am trying to chase the game and score a goal, and I often have 2 or 3 running. For example "Get Ball Forward, Hassle Opponents" or "Retain Possession, Pass To Feet, Work Ball Into Box, Drop Deeper" things like that :p

I use them a lot. Have found that, if my wingbacks are having a good game, setting 'exploit the flanks' will cause them to absolutely run riot. Also if I'm chasing the game, since I mostly use a target man, 'pump ball into the box' tends to give results.

If I'm trying to close out the game, 'clear ball to flanks' is a must, simply to waste as much time as possible. Plenty of others I use when the need arises. I don't understand how anyone could simply ignore shouts. They're way too useful.

Every match i start off with a standard philosophy and if i'm playing a weaker team and I score I immediately go to attacking with work the channels, get the ball in the box. If i smell blood i go full out and try and kill the game asap. Then on 60/65 minutes regardless of the score (except if i'm losing) i tick the keep possesion shout and wham bam 3 points in the bag.

I didn't use them much until recently when I've changed the way I approach a game.

I have a standard set of tactics, very generic and different formations that I start all games with.

Everything that I want to adjust from this point in is done by shouts during the match.

When losing by 1 goal in the last 20 minutes or so I will often put on:

Overload

Shoot on sight

Work Ball into box

Then depending on what the scout and report said before, its either exploit flanks and play wider or exploit middle and play narrower.

Last season it worked really well snatching a few draws and even a win on two occassions from the jaws of defeat.

Some teams like Westerlo (I think) have a narrower pitch than they should be able to, so in situations like that always use the play narrower and exploit the middle options.

Every game.

If the oposition scouting report says the the field is narrow then I will use the Exploit the Middle shout.

If it is late in the game I will set my fullbacks to attack and choose the Look for Overlap shout.

If it is really late and I am chasing then I will go to overload and use the get ball forward and pump ball into box shouts.

It is just an easy way to slightly set the sliders up or down without having to go into tactics. I don't know how anyone could hate them they just make yur life easier when playing the game....

I use them when the time is right...I honestly don't understand all the people saying they do them after 5 minutes of a game or do them straight away...why not set your tactics up properly beforehand? At least give the players 20 minutes to settle in...

But each to their own I guess. I just tend to use them realistically, so sometimes I do use them early, but not every game. Sometimes I use none at all because I've set my tactics up correctly.

Never. In fact I also do not use Opposition Instructions or pre-match Teamtalk.

i never used oppo instruction sin fm09. decided i would this time because they had the 'ask ass man' option. but it irritated me that there was no 'clear oppo instructions' button as i might not actually want to go with the assistants decisions.

so i stopped using it now.

I use them every match without fail. Normally throughout the second half. These forums tell me that they have little to no effect on match proceedings, but my current form says differently. I'll just carry on using them and assume it's all rosy :D

I use them when the time is right...I honestly don't understand all the people saying they do them after 5 minutes of a game or do them straight away...why not set your tactics up properly beforehand? At least give the players 20 minutes to settle in...

But each to their own I guess. I just tend to use them realistically, so sometimes I do use them early, but not every game. Sometimes I use none at all because I've set my tactics up correctly.

I do the 5 min thing, its not so much a tactical plan as experimentation. Also watching your opponents actual on-pitch movement gives you another aspect so your tweaks can be better taylored to suit the AI. I have in the past set up tactics that logically are sound only to find that a specific AI move destroys a loop hole in my set up. This comes when too many specific instructions are issued based pre match on certain assumptions about the AI's set up. Thats my reasons anyway...

Archived