Closest Title Race Ever?

Well for me anyway... I'm playing on a custom database and managing NK Bosna Visoko in the bosnian 2nd league. An amateur club predicted to finish 10th.

This is the table before the last game of the season.

tableim.jpg

Odds against me.

oddsfm.jpg

Final table.

finaltable.jpg

Unexpected Champions!

wonh.jpg

Has anyone seen a title race as close?

The game matches the player manager.

Other teams will "keep pace" with you.

You can't really make a huge lead, this has been the case in previous FMs.

Ourageous claim. I've won and lost leagues on equal points and with 10+ points, even as many as about 20 points. Anything is possible in the game.

I once finished 2nd in the Serie A with 100 points as Inter. AC Milan came storming through winning or drawing their last 20+ games to end on 102 points. I have noticed if I am doing particularly well, that at least one team will go on a massive undefeated streak, and cause me to either lose the title, or run me very close.

I was at least 9-10 points clear on 2-3 occasions with Arsenal one time, and Liverpool scored in 24 consecutive games. Winning almost every one. Except against me and Chelsea. In the end I finished on 86 points, with them on 85 points. If you want to see the tables then it's in the Career Updates section of the forum under "Arsenal - From Heroes to Zeros?" will save me posting them here. But in my experience, the AI will force one team to suddenly become godlike and chase you down.

This has caused me to believe on many occasions that what Pawel_lfc said is true.

Anyway, very close race, not sure I've ever had that many teams involved going into the final game of the season.

Absolute rubbish. I've had many games where i've had massive leads. Also in my current Leeds game I'm 18 points clear in December.

To the TC that is an incredible title race!

In my most recent Arsenal game I was 13 points clear in march. Admittedly I only one by 2 points in the end, thanks to a dip in form.

Im sure Scotland have had a few close ones in recent years. Of coarse theres last years where Rangers needed to win their last game against Dundee Utd. Celtic drew in the end so even a defeat iirc would have taken the title.

Of coarse before that Celtic where winning the league 10 mins to go 1-0 up at Motherwell O'niels last game Rangers where 1-0 at hibs but it wasnt enough. Scott McDonald scores two goals for Well and Rangers took the title.

And before that (iirc Celtic Uefa cup season) Rangers where at home to Dunfermline and Celtic where away to killie. both teams won by massive amounts and the differance was a late penalty by Mikel Arteta.

Not had anything like this on FM though

As Arsenal, I was tied on points with Man City at 91 after the last game. Fortunately I had the better goal differential. But I also had to come form behind to beat Everton in the last game.

I think the first season I won by three points. I'm at work, so I'll get some screenies once I'm home.

Archived