Why can't I put in a bid for a player on loan?

Seriously, Van der Vaart is on loan to Lazio, and they have offered about 7-8 million pound for him. Thing is that I want him as well, and I will gladly pay that price. Him and De Rossi would be awesome in the midfield. But there is no transfer menu where I can match their bid, eventhough I have a first option deal with Madrid.

Why cant I offer a bid for him, is there any rule out there that says that only the club that has the player on loan can put out a bid for him? I really must have missed that.

I'm pretty sure that any club who has paid a fee to loan the player has the right to keep him for the length of the loan without anyone bidding for him. After all, it's rather unfair if Lazio paid £2m to take Van der Vaart on loan for the season only for him to be bought by someone else a week later.

Well then I would get him when the loan was finished.

Where is the official FIFA rule that while a player is on loan you cant put in an offer for him? Cause if there isn't any, then this needs to be changed. And it is only some few weeks left of the loan, the season is over.

Well yes I understand that. But the fact is that I should be legally able to talk with Madrid to make a deal for when the season is over and he returns. Just as Lazio is, as they are bidding for him. Cause if Lazio and him agree, then he will still be on loan as long as the deal says, and then when he gets back and the transfer window opens, then he will be bought.

Why can't I do the exactly same?

Going to that length, it must be the game's programming. Let's face it, the game must be pretty rigid in terms of 'if player x is on loan and a fee has been paid then no other club can bid for him'. I would imagine that being the case anyway.

Technically, the club that the player is on loan to would usually have the first option on that player in that case, but given that you have a first option deal in place, that just complicates the matter and the programming probably doesn't allow for this to be exploited.

EDIT: And RichTRFC is right, of course. I assumed there was no agreed fee but if there was that would definitely rule out anyone else bidding for them.

There has to be. It's been agreed by both clubs that the loaning club can purchase that player at any time for 'x' amount. They have the chance to take up that option at any time during the loan deal and you cannot usurp that club until the loan is over. That's just how it works.

By agreeing the fee with the parent team, the loaning team has first refusal of the player at that price. They have agreed not to accept any other bids until the end of the loan, when the loaning team's right of first refusal has elapsed. That is the terms of the original loan. If you wanted the player that badly, you should have got in there first!

Yeh I understand that is how it is in the game. Unfortanly I did not have a transferbudget that would even allow me to pay for the loan the first season. So that was impossible.

My question is, is this a FIFA rule, or has SI created it themselfes. Are real loans with an agreed future fee like this? Or just ingame?

It's called a written contract - now I have no idea if this actually happens in real life, but I imagine it would (no doubt some footy buffs can name countless real life examples).

But basically if Lazio had a contract with Madrid stating they would take VdV on loan, with an option to buy for x million euros, then of course you can't come in with a bid, until Lazio had given up that option.

Imagine if you were selling your car, and had a written contract with someone that they would test drive it for a few weeks, and if they were happy with it then they would pay you £10,000. It would be a breach of contract if you then sold the car to someone else.

It's called a written contract - now I have no idea if this actually happens in real life, but I imagine it would (no doubt some footy buffs can name countless real life examples).

But basically if Lazio had a contract with Madrid stating they would take VdV on loan, with an option to buy for x million euros, then of course you can't come in with a bid, until Lazio had given up that option.

Imagine if you were selling your car, and had a written contract with someone that they would test drive it for a few weeks, and if they were happy with it then they would pay you £10,000. It would be a breach of contract if you then sold the car to someone else.

It IS happen in real life for sure. One example is Gourcuff. Milan loan him out to Bordeaux with first option buy 15M last season. Now he's a Bordeaux player because bordeaux willing to pay the price.

Archived