Hi all! And…2010 worth buying?

Ok so I've been playing 09 on and off but haven't really visited this site in a while so….hello to anyone who remembers me. Is 2010 worth buying? The main thing that annoyed me about 09 was that computer-controlled clubs hardly ever bought players. After 10 years most of the top clubs would still have the same players they started with and they'd have extremely over-age squads. Has this been improved? Any other big improvements? Thanks!

Put simply FMH10 isn't worth buying. :(

The Brazilian League makes a nice change and being able to cancel loans is a triumph. However, most new features don't add much to the game and the majority of bugs from FMH08 and FMH09 still remain with a few new ones thrown in.

To make things worse the skin is a big disappointment compared to FMH09, and the player database is also a let down with established players missing. (Would call this version FMH NJH 'No Jo Hart', but that would be childish)

Stick with FMH09 with the bugged 2D pitch turned off. (Use the editor to update players, but watch out for the bugs that also creates).

Hope my humble personal opinion helps. :)

There isn't any real major improvement but this was expected due to last year implementing the Match Engine amongst other things I would imagine.

The database change is the big dissapointment for me, for example Lewis McGugan isn't in the Forest Squad depsite him being one of our best assets.

But It's still worth buying, little features like the confidence bar and better Scouting/Assistant Manager advice makes it better than 09, even if by a little!

• SI Staff

I'd recommend it personally - but then I would wouldn't I ? ;)

PS - If you disagree with any player settings in the database (or indeed whether they were included or not) then you can always use the editor to change things around to your hearts content.

...PS - If you disagree with any player settings in the database (or indeed whether they were included or not) then you can always use the editor to change things around to your hearts content.

So:

- We pay £30 for a game we have to test, to inform you of the bugs, which you then ignore anyway.

- Edit the data, which can create more bugs, to put in the players that have been missed.

Will future games involve having to finish some programming before it works? :rolleyes:

All my fears will disappear if you make an effort to release a patch for this years game! Pretty please :)

• SI Staff
So:

- We pay £30 for a game we have to test, to inform you of the bugs, which you then ignore anyway.

We do our utmost to ensure that our products are as stable and playable as possible - we don't ignore any reported and do try and collate as much feedback as possible on all our games post release.

- Edit the data, which can create more bugs, to put in the players that have been missed.

Simply put its impossible to make everyone happy with regards to the database - personal opinions of which players are the most important will differ hugely, one persons 'wonderkid' at their favourite club might be an unknown to another player etc.

We do the best that we can and when a player is 'flagged' as important here we note it and try and ensure that in future he'll be retained if we agree its a reasonable request.

All my fears will disappear if you make an effort to release a patch for this years game! Pretty please :)

Patches for PSP games are somewhat rare occurances I'm afraid - this is I believe because releasing one involves having to resubmit the entire product for testing with Sony, this costs a substantial amount of money and isn't always possible to do (as there are only so many 'submission slots' for products available).

Its not something I as a developer decide anyway I'm afraid ...

Thanks for all the responses. At the moment I think I'll pass on 2010. Too many people saying there isn't much new in the game. I may change my mind but I haven't really heard about one new feature that sounds worthwhile to me. Sports games seem to think it's ok to bring out a slightly better version of the same game every year. When you have a whole year to work on a game it's amazing to me that the game isn't significantly different. If it's not then what's the point of releasing a new one? Just so we can have up-to-date-ish transfers? Well I'm rambling about a game I haven't even played but it's just a pet peeve of mine I guess. The major change in 09 was the 2d pitch but I don't even use that so for me, the game hasn't really changed much in years.

Patches for PSP games are somewhat rare occurances I'm afraid - this is I believe because releasing one involves having to resubmit the entire product for testing with Sony, this costs a substantial amount of money and isn't always possible to do (as there are only so many 'submission slots' for products available).

Resubmit? Does this mean Sony tested 2010 to start with?! Presumably they weren't bothered about the bugs we've all found in the same way that SI's testers apparently aren't.

Incidentally I've just gone back to playing 2008 and to say there's not much difference on a much more reliable platform isn't an understatement. Can't see me buying 2011 unless there's a money back guarantee.

Archived