How do you rate your youth intake?

Hi all,

Playing as AC Milan, at the end of my season I got "most gifted player of his generation" and "one of the best players this club have ever produced in recent years". I remember we have a thread about how to rate which statement is better than the other. Although they receive good statement from my Asst. manager but their stats suck in their position. Anyone has idea of how this statement rating system works?

Thanks.

-Caten

Also, gifted might hint to his PA not his CA so his stats might suck but he might potentially be a good player later. I never take it too seriously tho as a player with off the ball 1 and composure 1 might be a really talented striker in the eyes of my assistant but I have my doubts about his usefullness even if he trains like an idiot (read: improves a lot).

I have seen this "the most gifted player of his generation" description for 1 of my youth player and i went to check his PA and it is only 130!

Probably the quality of players in his generation are pretty bad!

It's a fair point. Does that statement refer to the generation of players from his club, or region, or nation, or continent, or the world? It seems like such a blanket statement. But generally I consider it to be good news. The player who gets that descripition is certainly the best player in my youth team that year, any and every time that happens.

I have seen this "the most gifted player of his generation" description for 1 of my youth player and i went to check his PA and it is only 130!

Probably the quality of players in his generation are pretty bad!

How do you check PA? Sorry first time getting into FM this year.

I think they are only predictions, there is no %100 guarentee what the player will become when he is still just ~16. I believe you can not see the real potantial of a player before he is 18, and in addition he needs proper training, avoid long injuries and some first team experience. So after all these filters only a handful of these kids become as good as they are supposed to be.

For me it just works as it is IRL. Most of the top-class teams hardly get one homegrown into their first team every second year. Even more interesting top clubs in Europe start traning local kids at the age of 10 and yet their best intakes are kids they bring from overseas at older age.

All the youth players I've had through would only make league 2 at best, thats with good training etc but then again I am Hull so not expecting loads of great players through. On my game there are loads of good Italian regens coming through so I'm guessing it's better in Serie A

All the youth players I've had through would only make league 2 at best, thats with good training etc but then again I am Hull so not expecting loads of great players through. On my game there are loads of good Italian regens coming through so I'm guessing it's better in Serie A

All the world class (meaning high/decent CA, PA in 190's that they will probably reach) regens I've had over two saves (and 6 yrs in total) have thus far been italian (though i play spanish/english leagues).

Archived