Cant score in the 2nd half

Has anybody else have a problem with scoring in the 2nd half?

Ive been playing with Newcastle and im in december 2009 now and havent scored a single goal in the 2nd half of any game all season long. Most of my games I win by 2 or 3 goals which are scored in the first half (almost every game in the first half hour), so im not complaining.

But when i reach the 2nd half either the opposition GK has become Superman en saves everything, or my strikers miss the target by miles even from within the 6 yard box.

Now im affraid of not scoring in the 1st half cause i know i wont score and either lose the game or draw the game 0-0.

Anybody else having the same problems?

Trust me when i say there is nothing wrong with either my tactics or my teamtalks. I know my players and i know what can trigger them in playing well. Motivation in the game is always good and is either motivated or playing with confidence. If we are 3-0 up i tend to say "Dont let your performance drop". Tacticly and mentally this worked great as we created more than 10 chances from which at least 2 or 3 were CCC. As i said before hte opposition goalie becomes some sort of superman that saves everything.

Yesterday i was playing Preston away from home and we lead 0-1 at half time. In the 2nd half we recorded 23 shots on goal from which 6 CCC and 2 spotkicks...all saved by the goalie in bizarre fashion. Now i can normally take up some actions like this on the chin, but not having scored in 22 matches is becoming weird

Archived