Mac Save Game on XP

I'm travelling abit, so playing my Mac save game on my laptop

I've installed FM08, installed the new patch (8.02). I've got my saved game database file and the save game on my USB drive.. it cant find the database when loading, so reverts to the original database.. how do I get round this? ive put my database into the Sports Interactive folder for databases.. any ideas?

I'm travelling abit, so playing my Mac save game on my laptop

I've installed FM08, installed the new patch (8.02). I've got my saved game database file and the save game on my USB drive.. it cant find the database when loading, so reverts to the original database.. how do I get round this? ive put my database into the Sports Interactive folder for databases.. any ideas?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've installed FM08, installed the new patch (8.02). I've got my saved game database file and the save game on my USB drive.. it cant find the database when loading, so reverts to the original database.. how do I get round this? ive put my database into the Sports Interactive folder for databases.. any ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It shouldn't be a problem. As long as you have the same version (802) installed. The game tries to find the database with which the game was created. Of course, this path is somewhat different between the PC and MAC installations. But, it doesn't revert back to some other database: when the game is created, it 'initialises' players from the database when you create your game, depending on the leagues you selected, and the databse size you specified while creating the game. Afterwards, it doesn't do anything with the original, full database while you're palying.

Archived