Sometimes the AI must win

This is the perfect example. first game we won 5:2. Second game was ridiculeus to watch. Statisticaly we were the dominant team, yet the oposition won by exactly the required goal difference. Two of those goals were auto goals, becouse AI didn`t provide enough CCC. One of those goals was of course in the last minute of the first half. Plus direct red card...

Some people will say its tactic. No its not, period. Some will say its you players mentality/pre game talks. No its not, look at the statistic. Some will say its bad luck. To many games ends with bad luck, its just not right, considering the bad luck you will see hurting your oponents.

I think predictions before matches play important role in this kind of silly games, also club stature. I mean how the hell can you predict penalties after 3 goal difference in the first match?

So in the end, why bother with making and tweaking tactic, if the AI makes you loose the most important games in this stupid ways, if in the end it all comes to a "luck" .

42446204.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes, players are just pumped up.

You just didn't adapt, is all.

Look. I would gladly accept your theory, if it was supported by facts, but its not.

I didn`t adapt...What s that supposed to mean? Adapt how? Play more defensive? Check. Waste time? Check. Keep as much possesion as possible? Check. Pre talk = Not over yet? Check.

How can i adapt more than this?

Look. I would gladly accept your theory, if it was supported by facts, but its not.

I didn`t adapt...What s that supposed to mean? Adapt how? Play more defensive? Check. Waste time? Check. Keep as much possesion as possible? Check. Pre talk = Not over yet? Check.

iirc "not over yet" = guaranteed a loss :thup:

You played into their hands. Keep the ball, don't go forward as much, waste time. All of these can be beaten by a team pressing hard and getting stuck in. They won more % of tackles and ran further. This says to me, they would have been on overload.

Drop deeper, exploit the flanks, get ball forward would have been my picks

The match engine is based on series of calculations. All of these are random. If you replay the match, im sure you will get a totally different result.

Also, only a small percentage is down to luck iirc

Thats just it. Can t they make resolt based on actual parameters and not on some wild factors on which you dont have any control?

Another question, how often do you win in such maner?

Thats just it. Can t they make resolt based on actual parameters and not on some wild factors on which you dont have any control?

Another question, how often do you win in such maner?

but surely if you has control of the parameters, then you would just effectively win every game and make the the game itself pointless.

They are based on actual parameters, you just can't control them :thup:

You played into their hands. Keep the ball, don't go forward as much, waste time. All of these can be beaten by a team pressing hard and getting stuck in. They won more % of tackles and ran further. This says to me, they would have been on overload.

Drop deeper, exploit the flanks, get ball forward would have been my picks

Please look at the statistic once more. We won tackles, we won headers, possesion was almost 50:50, we dominated attacking vise for sure. I mean, they had 4 shots on target. Thats not an overload by any logic is it?

but surely if you has control of the parameters, then you would just effectively win every game and make the the game itself pointless.

They are based on actual parameters, you just can't control them :thup:

Not true. AI has the same tools as human. It can win in the same maner.

I know im being difficoult, but its frustrating, because there are to many repetative flucks.

Please look at the statistic once more. We won tackles, we won headers, possesion was almost 50:50, we dominated attacking vise for sure. I mean, they had 4 shots on target. Thats not an overload by any logic is it?

You didn't win AS MANY tackles as they did. They had more possession. You're interpreting the data as you see fit with that as what good is more posession when it's all in your half? They completed nearly 50% of their crosses which, again, suggests they caused havoc with them. It's perfectly possible to overload and it to come out in crosses. I once played 'Overload' from the 23rd minute and only had two shots after that, but innumerable crosses.

they had 4 shots on target

Do you want RL examples of how this happens?? Fulham vs Newcastle being the standard bearer for this.

Not true. AI has the same tools as human. It can win in the same maner.

I know im being difficoult, but its frustrating, because there are to many repetative flucks.

Still think you're making a fuss over nothing. How many times have you seen a team IRL losing due to bad luck?

The match engine is based on series of calculations. All of these are random. If you replay the match, im sure you will get a totally different result.

Also, only a small percentage is down to luck iirc

Few are truly "random", most have some weighting put on them.

Luck can play a significant role. If you role three dice, and say "if all three are sixes, you win, otherwise, I win", there's still a chance they will win.

this year the ai is worse than ever, i have just deleted my save and might even complain to steam and ask for a refund over this awful game

im done with this continual nonsense from si, i think ive been brainwashed into buying this turd of a francise through actually enjoying accesible manager games pre 05, now u need to read a tactical framework to understand how the game works, when im pretty sure i have a decent enough football knowledge to play a computer game ffs

i cannot beleive the amount of goals the ai gets when they need to, with no clue from my matches as to why the ai suddenly becomes invincible, just played chelsea and they scored literally every time they had a free kick out the box. what is the point in investing hours into this game for no reward at all? it's not realistic football, i know the game and this is a poor representation with biased research and a shoddy match engine masking how crap the actual games are

i await the blind si dangleberries who scream 'it's your tactics' and 'this games amazing and flawless, it's realistic that the oposition figures out your tactics' blah blah blah

oh right, so managers in real matches change minute details of team play every 5 seconds do they? they adjust EVERY game to a perfect counter tactic?

this games just excluded another fan who has bought nearly every fm since 97/98 and feels pushed out by an unfair match engine/ai combo

Few are truly "random", most have some weighting put on them.

Luck can play a significant role. If you role three dice, and say "if all three are sixes, you win, otherwise, I win", there's still a chance they will win.

ah, i didn't realise luck played that much part in the actual result. :thup:

It just further proves that makmak is making a fuss over nothing :thup:

ive emailed steam complaining asking for a refund lol im not expecting one but i want this turd off my pc and the £30 i wasted on it back in my pocket

Very unlikely they will even bother reading it

BTW, £30??. got mine for £17.75 :cool: <smug>

ive emailed steam complaining asking for a refund lol im not expecting one but i want this turd off my pc and the £30 i wasted on it back in my pocket

Luckily you won't get it.

Imagine people taking CoD:MW2 back to the shops because they suck at it. Typical childish response.

To the OP, you may have had 18 shots, but if you look again 12 of those were long shots.

Sure they can, they have 11 of my players to help them, dont they?

Why put that in your original post then? It sounds as if you are complaining. "It's not fair, they only had 2 CCC, so how do they score 4" :( It's already been confirmed that you made a few wrong calls in terms of tactics and instructions. Just take the positives by learning from the mistakes and listening to the feedback. Put it this way, at least this was just in the 2nd Knockout Round of the EURO Cup, not the Champions League Final i.e. Bayern v Man Utd

lol, i know how u feel, im getting really ****ed off now with having to wait 2 or 3 patches for si to get the match engine sorted out. i mean the game isnt unplayble totally but its not far off!!!!

Imagine people taking CoD:MW2 back to the shops because they suck at it. Typical childish response.

To the OP, you may have had 18 shots, but if you look again 12 of those were long shots.

good spot, just noticed that.

Try toning this down and get play down the wings instead :thup:

Guys, i wouldnt bother wining about this if i didn`t watched the game, as i do every single one.

And this is the reason why im frustrated, because, when i was watching the game, it prety much showed my attacks and 4 goals for them. So in other words every time they got near my penalty box they scored. 2 from autogoals.

Everyone can say smart things from the top of their heads looking at statistic, but the fact is, if you watched this game you would understand the frustration.

If you didnt want people to analyse where you went wrong, what was the point of posting this thread? Needless to say you wont listen to the advice given, and the same thing will keep happening. Which should lead to only 1 conclusion and the most overused phrase on this forum. :D

Everyone can say smart things from the top of their heads looking at statistic, but the fact is, if you watched this game you would understand the frustration

Said the Newcastle fan after his side lost 4-1 to Fulham despite creating over 25 scoring chances

It cant tell the difference between a CPU and a human manager, I'd say that's pretty conclusive :)

I think it does. I try this on FM2010 and it happens like FM07, I try to sell a couple of players at once and no interest at all for several seasons (in FM10 two seasons), once I resign the position a checked the next day and had at least two or three clubs interested in them.

So I think it knows the difference.

True.

I had 11 on goals shots and 12 long shots.

They had 4 on goals shots and 1 long shot.

Again if you would watched the game, it would be perfectly obvious, that my team was dominating, we can discuss statistic on and on. Everyone can interpret it to fit their logic. But the most important facts are 2 auto goals, which looked ridicolus.

Guys, i wouldnt bother wining about this if i didn`t watched the game, as i do every single one.

And this is the reason why im frustrated, because, when i was watching the game, it prety much showed my attacks and 4 goals for them. So in other words every time they got near my penalty box they scored. 2 from autogoals.

Everyone can say smart things from the top of their heads looking at statistic, but the fact is, if you watched this game you would understand the frustration.

Again, its down to luck. Teams can dominate a game and still miss most, if not all, their chances. Get over it

and what do you mean auto goals?

makmak, stop saying autogoals; that means nothing. Another big point you seem to be missing is that it's usually the quality of chances that matters, not the quantity

lol. Sure. Thats why suddenly forwards start to shoot directly to the keepers hands.

And how does quality chances translates to 2 auto goals?

lol. Sure. Thats why suddenly forwards start to shoot directly to the keepers hands.

And how does quality chances translates to 2 auto goals?

I'm sick of offering help, and I bet everyone else on this thread is as well. It will probably turn out to be that your players don't want to play for such an immature loser who wants everything to go his way, and throws his toys out of the pram when he fails. And this 'autogoals' rubbish that you keep mentioning just weakens your argument even further

I don't lose. My most complains are in matches I won.

I won game that was 3-2 where i suffered the two goals in the last minute of the match and I was to suffer a third if not brilliant save from my GK - Quim (palying as Benfica). But the two goals I suffered where simply, one the defenders looked at the ball as like it was strange object and another because my GK didn't rush to the ball.

So I do think that AI cheat, and the reason is quite simple. The Ai throws the Stats of players out the window. Like it saying: "F**k it! Don't need this!"

Champions League Quarter Final 2004.. Deportivo v AC Milan. Milan had a huge advantage going into the second leg, and as the bigger team were expected to go through comfortbably. Look it up, youtube it, and see what happened!

Even though i was quite young at the time, it was a good game, finished 4-0 didn't it?

I'm sick of offering help, and I bet everyone else on this thread is as well. It will probably turn out to be that your players don't want to play for such an immature loser who wants everything to go his way, and throws his toys out of the pram when he fails. And this 'autogoals' rubbish that you keep mentioning just weakens your argument even further

and yeah, auto-goals is a pretty poor argument

I don't loose. My most complains are in matches I won.

I won game that was 3-2 where i suffered the two goals in the last minute of the match and I was to suffer a third if not brilliant save from my GK - Quim (palying as Benfica). But the two goals I suffered where simply, one the defenders looked at the ball as like it was strange object and another because my GK didn't rush to the ball.

So I do think that AI cheat, and the reason is quite simple. The Ai throws the Stats of players out the window. Like it saying: "F**k it! Don't need this!"

People are complaining when they win now? good lord

Teams do tend to change tactic to a much more attacking formation. Near the end, did you bother changing your tactic?

Archived