Man Utd club value now at 1 pound!!

I really do not know what happened! I use FMRTE to adjust the wages of my team, Manchester United and when I go into the richest clubs screen, my beloved Manchester United is not listed there! On further investigations, I realized that now, the value of my club is only 1 pound! This is totally unbelievable! My transfer budget is around 1.5 billion pounds but the value of my club is so low! This does not make any sense! How do I increase the value of my club? How does the value measure up in the game? :(

I really do not know what happened! I use FMRTE to adjust the wages of my team, Manchester United and when I go into the richest clubs screen, my beloved Manchester United is not listed there! On further investigations, I realized that now, the value of my club is only 1 pound! This is totally unbelievable! My transfer budget is around 1.5 billion pounds but the value of my club is so low! This does not make any sense! How do I increase the value of my club? How does the value measure up in the game? :(
By the Assets.

Ah the cheating debate, a debate as old as time itself. It's his/her game. Let them play it how they want. Does it affect your enjoyment of the game.

Well, that is quite true! I am NOT playing a network game or playing against any human players. It is just me and the AI! :D

The game has always had a hidden limit on finances, after all a 1.5 billion transfer budget is crazy, wouldn't happen. I think you have "broken the game". Usually if you set the budget and funds too high it goes into a minus figure.

Someone posted a few weeks ago saying he had edited Liverpool's finances and when he started the game they went into administration. He used the pre game editor , maybe the save game editor you used affects the game differently but I am sure its linked to the same thing.

Not a bug, just an unrealistic amount of money. I also can't see the point in this kind of cheating as if I did it and won I wouldn't feel any sort of satisfaction really. But we all play the game how we like and its your right to play it how you want, you just have gone too far for the game to cope.

The game has always had a hidden limit on finances, after all a 1.5 billion transfer budget is crazy, wouldn't happen. I think you have "broken the game". Usually if you set the budget and funds too high it goes into a minus figure.

Someone posted a few weeks ago saying he had edited Liverpool's finances and when he started the game they went into administration. He used the pre game editor , maybe the save game editor you used affects the game differently but I am sure its linked to the same thing.

Not a bug, just an unrealistic amount of money. I also can't see the point in this kind of cheating as if I did it and won I wouldn't feel any sort of satisfaction really. But we all play the game how we like and its your right to play it how you want, you just have gone too far for the game to cope.

Well,the limit of the finances is 2.1 billion pounds to be exact. Anything over than that, the club will go into administration. and the finances screen will show a negative amount. That is why the club occasionally puts the excess money into an investment reserve fund.

Original Posters Location?? Singapore!!

Says everything about the 'beloved' Man United really! lol!

Manchester is for City fans!!!

why are you cheating! where is the challenge if you tune down rooney's wage to 10,000 pw....

spot on mate, but each to their own he has paid his money and if that is what he enjoys he is entitled to that BUT ..............whats the point in having a transfer budget of 1.5 billion?????

why not edit messi/ronnie/torres etc etc to Utd win every game 50-0 ................pointless!

I use the FMRTE editor (which is a great extra)a lot to keep pace with current events ..........I move player ability up and down...i.e. Defoe and lennon might get few clicks up on the old CA;)

after the weekend

I remember that you can't go above 3.000.000.000 Euro otherwise you go back to 0 or even have debts. That's what happened in one of the previous version of FM.

It was a little different actually. The limit was approximately £2.156b (I believe the exact figure comes out as a power of two, due to binary constraints on the system, hence the weird number). When the club reaches that, the number becomes negative. So even if this were the case here, Man Utd would be rated at MINUS ~£2.156 billion, not £1. Unless the game got smart, I guess.

Perhaps it's to do with the crippling debt the rags have though? ;)

It was a little different actually. The limit was approximately £2.156b (I believe the exact figure comes out as a power of two, due to binary constraints on the system, hence the weird number). When the club reaches that, the number becomes negative. So even if this were the case here, Man Utd would be rated at MINUS ~£2.156 billion, not £1. Unless the game got smart, I guess.

Perhaps it's to do with the crippling debt the rags have though? ;)

Well, I have no debts and the club information screen shows that I am rich. But the club is now valued at only 1 pound! How to fix this?

The only solution for the OP is to go back to the back up save game. Too bad if you did not have one; before using any types of editor, a back up is a must.

On the side note, I think most of the asians suppoort either Liverpool or Man Utd. The former for people age 30+ as Liverpool were dominating while the latter are for those in 20s or younger.

The best way to cheat for man utd is to lift their debt; that is all it needs. The team is already so rich with those huge incomes. Only those Grazers (Glazer) made them poor. The same thing apply to many clubs as their debts (and interests) make them poor.

The only solution for the OP is to go back to the back up save game. Too bad if you did not have one; before using any types of editor, a back up is a must.

On the side note, I think most of the asians suppoort either Liverpool or Man Utd. The former for people age 30+ as Liverpool were dominating while the latter are for those in 20s or younger.

The best way to cheat for man utd is to lift their debt; that is all it needs. The team is already so rich with those huge incomes. Only those Grazers (Glazer) made them poor. The same thing apply to many clubs as their debts (and interests) make them poor.

Well, I do not have a back up of the save game. So will this value increase in the future?

Why don't you try and reduce clubs bank and transfer funds a bit... I think a transfer budget of 300 mil. would still be acceptable to you :)

Yes! I reduced the transfer funds and club banks to 600 million pounds and now my beloved Manchester United Club is worth a massive 1.85 billion pounds! Thanks for the tip, mate! This issue is finally solved after 2 days of heartaches! :D

Archived