The Small Questions

Not hosted by Nicky Campbell.

I don't often venture in GD much these days, but i was wondering:

How many of you FMer's follow your assman's opposition instructions advice? Because when I do I tend to leak goals.

How many of you will admit to restarting a match if you lose? I did it once because I forgot to give a team talk at half time and proceeded to be walloped.

Does anyone actually bother asking players to learn new moves?

Do you avoid Press conferences? I handed them to my assman and watched as he often left my team unimpressed. His desk is currently being cleared.

1. I always do, with success.

2. I didn't do that over the last 10 years.

3. Whatever my backroom staff recommends, as long as it's not plain stupid. Just one click away, so I do it.

4. I send the assistant after losing ;) and before unimpostant matches

How many of you FMer's follow your assman's opposition instructions advice? Because when I do I tend to leak goals.

How many of you will admit to restarting a match if you lose? I did it once because I forgot to give a team talk at half time and proceeded to be walloped.

Do you avoid Press conferences? I handed them to my assman and watched as he often left my team unimpressed. His desk is currently being cleared.

1. I follow my ass-mans advice on some things but some of the stuff he reccommends are just riddiculous.

2. I never restart a match when i lose. It just wouldn't feel right and i would get no satisfaction from it. Cheating imo.

3. Ya I ask players to lear new moves if i want the player to play different.

4. I leave the press conferences to my ass-man but some of his answers to questions are bizarre. Monitoring the situation though

1. Never, mainly because I didn't get any low down (poor assistant) and did fine, so kept it that way

2. Never, don't see the point. Could McLaren do this vs Croatia? Given the chance he would but it has helped him. What do you gain from winning it all?

3. If the staff have recommended it, and only do it if it is coming from a coach who is best in that area

4. I leave them to the assistant

1. I do before matches now there is an 'ask assistant' button. I do then check things and remove ridiculous levels of closing down on defenders etc.

2. Occasionally. I REALLY hate doing it - it can trash an entire season if you win something after cheating in a big game - but sometimes you make a silly mistake (ie your team talk) or get a string of insane decisions (red cards in the first minute, broken legs to several key players).

3. I used to do it very rarely until this year (same for tutoring - a function I kept forgetting about). The backroom advice function now makes it so easy I figure I might as well. I still pick which advice to follow.

4. I tend to send the assman except on rare occasions. I don't normally set it as a team preference though, I don't trust him (whoever he may be) for the big occasions.

Archived