Do you think there will be a 8.0.3?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GrahamPoll'sPants:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

I hope not. 8.0.2 should never have been released and SI should have been left to focus on making FM09 bigger and better with fewer/no bugs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Eh, no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No to it not being released or no to a bigger and better FM09 with more time spent on it?

Unfortnately I think saying yes to 8.0.2 has already killed off the latter.

I understand why some people would want more development time for FM 09, but I'd be extremely frustrated if they didn't release 8.02. We're customers, and with 8.01 (and some may say 8.02 too) we had a product with plenty of bugs.

Unless FM09 is half price to those who bought 08 (not gonna happen), then I think customers deserve patches.

I don't follow this "they should spend more time on FM09" logic. FM09 is going to be just a "big patch" anyway (don't mean it in a bad way). It's not like they are writing a new game from scratch. If they never released 8.0.2. they would still have to fix all those bugs later anyway.

I hope for 8.0.3, but don´t believe there will be one. I erot this in another thread

8.0.2 is a step in the right direction to make this game really good. But there are still things that need to be fixed, which is pointed out in these forums. So a 3rd patch would be great for this game. FM 2006 had 3 patches, FM 2005 had 5 patches, so there are nothing wrong with releasing many patches. It doesn´t show that SI is bad at making games, it shows that they care about this game.

So I really hope that SI will take the decision to release the 8.0.3, maybe like a Easter present about a month from now. icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McDoul:

Never gonna happen.

802 reissue only likely if something else crops up over the weekend, and even then it's only gonna be the two fixes - can't see them being able to test anything else quickly enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have already released an updated 8.0.2 patch today with the Defoe and Turkey fix

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deza: It doesn´t show that SI is bad at making games, it shows that they care about this game.

So I really hope that SI will take the decision to release the 8.0.3, maybe like a Easter present about a month from now. icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally agree. Not only Defoe and Turkey issues need to be fixed, and I don't really think this were the most important "bugs" noticed on previous 8.0.2 release...

In my opinion, other issues like that "corners bug" or player attributes dropping in saved games from previous versions (8.0.0 and 8.0.1) are more important and should be fixed (or, at least, fixing being announced as "work in progress" by SI gurus), so that we could expect a better gaming experience after these relevant problems were solved.

I think the FM community believes in SI and we didn't loose their hope yet. I'm sure SI guys are doing their best to solve this issues.

for me priority order is;

-easy goals from corners

-board confidence(still)

-Turkish finances

-confusion on player attributes being adjusted due to CA affect.

-as usual minor issues here and there

I'm %99.99 sure there is no 803 coming, as we passed half of this week without a word I think chances for a new 802 are also significantly low now.

Of course any 802b, 803 nor 900 wont be perfect and many will come up with new bugs/request but any attempt from SI to respond them as much as possible will be appreciated.

Archived