Happy with things

Alot of ppl have been saying about the amount of long range goals being scored and how it is ruining there game.Well i have to say that while i do agree to some extent with the frustrations, on the other hand im absolutely loving the fact my DM pops up 30 yrds out in the latter stages of a game and rifles in an unstoppable drive to the top corner to save me a point or to win me a game. What goes around comes around i guess but tbh everyone loves to see a screamer rather than a bundled goal line scramble so i say lets keep things as they r regarding the amazing strikes we been seeing :)

Yeah, what goes around comes around is very true in FM. I used to quite like the injuries in 09 cos ALL teams got lots of injuries and it was a level playing field, plus it meant I used your fringe players and youngsters much more, getting them to develop better than I do in 10

I'm not sure. There seem to be an awful lot of 30 yard screamers.

There seems to be a goal of the season every game.

In comparison, I've not seen that many well worked goals into the box; which are the usual kind of goals you see in real life.

I would say that, overall, long range goals from outside the area are about 60%

I'm not sure. There seem to be an awful lot of 30 yard screamers.

There seems to be a goal of the season every game.

In comparison, I've not seen that many well worked goals into the box; which are the usual kind of goals you see in real life.

I would say that, overall, long range goals from outside the area are about 60%

Well, I don't see it in my matches....

I played 9 matches yesterday evening with my AA Gent save:

3 friendly

4 EURO cup qualifiers

1 league game

I scored 0 goals from distance (:mad:) and conceded 1 (:mad:)

In total I scored 15 goals and conceded 7.

Well, I don't see it in my matches....

I played 9 matches yesterday evening with my AA Gent save:

3 friendly

4 EURO cup qualifiers

1 league game

I scored 0 goals from distance (:mad:) and conceded 1 (:mad:)

In total I scored 15 goals and conceded 7.

Ok.

I'm watching all of the games in World Cup 2010 at the moment. When I've finished, I'll report back on the types of goals being scored.

Already, there's been a number of screamers and I've not even got through the first phase of the first round. It seems like every team has a McFadden-esque wondergoal in them (apart from Australia and Saudi Arabia who were rubbish).

Ok.

I'm watching all of the games in World Cup 2010 at the moment. When I've finished, I'll report back on the types of goals being scored.

Already, there's been a number of screamers and I've not even got through the first phase of the first round. It seems like every team has a McFadden-esque wondergoal in them (apart from Australia and Saudi Arabia who were rubbish).

Well, you see that could allready be a difference:

I'm playing with AA Gent (1st div in Belgium)

Granted, pro team, but "only" from Belgium (no need to rub it in Guys, I know our football is kintergarten level stuff :D)

You are watching the World Cup...

So maybe it's all down too the level of play?

But then again; world cup keepers/defenders should be better than my belgian ones (again, no rubbing in please!).

And a lot of people playing in the Premiership aren't seeing the screamers.

Very strange.

You'd be surprised how many long range shots are being scored IRL. I think the amount of long range shots are noticable in FM10 only because of their relative absence in FM09. I'm afraid that with so many people complaining the long range shots will disappear altogether in FM10 (as being pointed out it's often all or nothing). At this point maybe 5-10% of my goals are from long range. I think that's quite realistic.

Here's my findings so far from World Cup 2010:

Italy 2 - 0 Nigeria (De Rossi - 25yd DFK)

Paraguay 3 - 1 Slovakia (Martinez -30yds, Vera 30yds)

Holland 2 - 2 Honduras (Palacios 25 yds)

Denmark 1 - 3 Nigeria (Norregaard 30yds)

England 5 - 1 S.Korea (Barry - 35 yds, Lampard 25 yds)

Chile 3 - 2 Serbia (Fernandez 30yd DFK)

Brazil 4 - 2 Czech Rep. (Pato 25 yds, Marcelo 25yds DFK)

Australia 0 - 1 Ivory Coast

South Africa 2 - 2 Greece (Pienaar 25 yds)

Saudi Arabia 0 - 2 Uruguay

Argentina 2 - 0 USA

STATS: 11 games, 40 goals, 11 screamers

Screamer breakdown:

6 x 25 yds

4 x 30 yds

1 x 35 yds

It's not as bad as I first thought, but I think they should reduce greatly the chances of the 30+ yarders going in.

Nobody, at any level, sees 10 games and expects to see a 30 yarder go in for half of those games.

If 30yd shots become too easy, it makes a mockery of any kind of defensive tactics.

PS. I'm enjoying this World Cup. It's unrealistically entertaining in the sense that this is what football should be!

Here's my findings so far from World Cup 2010:

Italy 2 - 0 Nigeria (De Rossi - 25yd DFK)

Paraguay 3 - 1 Slovakia (Martinez -30yds, Vera 30yds)

Holland 2 - 2 Honduras (Palacios 25 yds)

Denmark 1 - 3 Nigeria (Norregaard 30yds)

England 5 - 1 S.Korea (Barry - 35 yds, Lampard 25 yds)

Chile 3 - 2 Serbia (Fernandez 30yd DFK)

Brazil 4 - 2 Czech Rep. (Pato 25 yds, Marcelo 25yds DFK)

Australia 0 - 1 Ivory Coast

South Africa 2 - 2 Greece (Pienaar 25 yds)

Saudi Arabia 0 - 2 Uruguay

Argentina 2 - 0 USA

STATS: 11 games, 40 goals, 11 screamers

Screamer breakdown:

6 x 25 yds

4 x 30 yds

1 x 35 yds

It's not as bad as I first thought, but I think they should reduce greatly the chances of the 30+ yarders going in.

Nobody, at any level, sees 10 games and expects to see a 30 yarder go in for half of those games.

If 30yd shots become too easy, it makes a mockery of any kind of defensive tactics.

PS. I'm enjoying this World Cup. It's unrealistically entertaining in the sense that this is what football should be!

who won that world cup? germany won my 2010 world cup

Archived