High number of red cards - yet no negative effects???

Hi all,

I just wonder if everyone has so many red cars as I do???

So far it may have been a bit unrealistic that tackling hard on every oppo player always produced only one or two red cards a year, but in FM10 I had 10 in my first season (7 of them shared between Coloccini and Taylor, who (along with further teammates, which is a flaw of its own) didn't understand that the 3rd red card actually deserves a fine at last) and now in have received one each in the first two matches of the second season (van Bommel and Guthrie). I'm Newcastle, obviously.

I have no settings which would suggest hard tackling. I'm on the default tackling setting and in the OI I always and only use what my AssMan recommends - and that too doesn't include excessive tackling instructions.

So in the end I feel my number of red cards is quite a bit too high. Agreed? Different/Same experiences made?

The funny thing though is, that after being down to 10 men my team's performance doesn't suffer in any way. I have just once in 12 cases now conceded after getting a red card (was 0-2 down before already), but scored in 8 out of 12 games instead, regularly even winning goals. That too seems a bit odd to me :confused:

So it seems to be an issue :(

Even if I assume that I have a bunch of dirty players in my team, still I should not still go on to win every time I'm down to 10 men...

(though on FM09 I felt you had no chance of not conceding after a red card, so I prefer this now ;))

I dread seeing the opposition get a red card

This past season, I have had a team get a red card 4 times and was leading in all 4 games only to have the team come back and win all 4 a man down.

up 3-0 On AC Milan after 30 minutes. Ambrosini takes a red. Pato decides to go nuts and scores 4 goals and I lose 4-3

up 2-0 on Arsenal. Diaby and Van Persie get red carded first half. Arsenal roar back second half and score 5 goals and I lose 5-4

I have noted that in then past 5 seasons of my Ipswich games that if the opposition get red carded they actually dominate possesion and score more than they nomally do

Archived