Brilliant game, but this is frustrating.

First of all, this is not a rant, by any standard. All I want to put across is the fact that I repeatedly get hammered both by the press and by the fans for letting players go that are completely useless to the team, meaning that my job status gets lowered and is therefore underrated immensely. Well in my opinion anyway. Here are three screenshots to illustrate what I mean:

Confidence summary:

Schermafbeelding2009-11-23om134722.png

Transfer Confidence:

Schermafbeelding2009-11-23om134732.png

The player:

Schermafbeelding2009-11-23om134750.png

Surely he wasn't, isn't or ever will be good enough for Real Madrid? And he is not the first example, I've had other players just as mediocre as this one with which I got the exact same problems when I let them go.

Can anybody explain this phenomenon?

I had the same with Newcastle. I signed van nistelrooy for a two year deal in the second season. he had a great first season and at the end of the year i let him go. wages were high and physical stats were very low. He was too old by then. And the fans were devestated. Surely they could understand that his time was up :confused:

yeah it happens all the time, I'm managing a swedish club and I let go a 33 year old brazillian who had made one sub appearance and was clearly past his best. yet the fans were 'devastated' I let him go because of his recent great performances for the club!!!!

Although I get your point, if you look at his mental attributes (including flair), they aren't exactly impressing.

The funniest part is that the fans say they are saddened about watching him leave after his recent performances, when he's never even played a single game for the club. Very weird.

I get this all the time. At Man United, I've let numerous players that would never make it go, many of them for about 2 or 3 million euros which I consider good value. The fans are routinely disappointed because they feel that player would've added something to the team. Well quite clearly Daniel Drinkwater or Tom Heaton who get about half a star or 1 star coach reports, with poor attributes across the board at the age of 21-22 won't add anything to the Man United squad. Not even as fringe players.

A top team has to offload a good deal of deadwood each summer, meaning I get this every season. As it's several players and not just one, this lowers my confidence significantly. My transfer confidence after the first season was dreadful, while I thought I was doing very well in that area. Buying Gourcuff for €25M and largely covering that by selling deadwood for 1 to 3M and average players for 4-5M doesn't strike me as bad business!

Archived