Club ownership in Germany

I think it's time that this nonsense stops...in Germany the chairmen aren't owners of the club, so they cannot sell their club to a consortium or anyone else. Just more than a week ago it was determined by DFL that private organisations or people cannot own more than 50% minus one share of the club.

A concrete example would be that Harl-Heinz Rummenigge cannot sell Bayern, because he doesn't own it, he just works there. In a couple of weeks Hoeness will take his place, in FM it would mean that Rummenigge sold the club to him but IRL it's total rubbish... A bit more about stockholders of bayern is on this page...

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/company/company/organe/index.php

It's mostly owned by FC Bayern e.v. which is a "verein" owned by its members.

I think it's time that this nonsense stops...in Germany the chairmen aren't owners of the club, so they cannot sell their club to a consortium or anyone else. Just more than a week ago it was determined by DFL that private organisations or people cannot own more than 50% minus one share of the club.

A concrete example would be that Harl-Heinz Rummenigge cannot sell Bayern, because he doesn't own it, he just works there. In a couple of weeks Hoeness will take his place, in FM it would mean that Rummenigge sold the club to him but IRL it's total rubbish... A bit more about stockholders of bayern is on this page...

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/company/company/organe/index.php

It's mostly owned by FC Bayern e.v. which is a "verein" owned by its members.

Hoeness will become President and replace Beckenbauer, not Rummenigge. He stays.

But of course, you're right that there isn't a way for a private person/organization to control a German club legally. BUT, technically, some do.

What do you think, how will members vote at meetings if that guy (Hopp) who pumps his personal wealth into Hoffenheim and "only" owns 49% of the shares were to say "That's it. If you don't agree, I'll leave". I guess, he is quite almighty there.

But true, Hoffenheim is an exception from the rule (as are Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg).

The only possibility for SI are to turn off take overs in such leagues or it maybe can done by you manually in the editor?

There is a takeovers file, it's in the same place as the others like "sugardaddy". You can open it up and see what is in there. Germany bans almost any type of takeover, but you can add and remove countries from that list as you wish. There are many other countries listed too. Take a look at it and see what you think.

I would like to see FM differentiate between owners and chairmen. Roman Abramovich isn't the chairman of Chelsea, he's the owner. When managing Gillingham, when I'm lucky I get Chelsea as a parent club (when I'm even luckier I get Arsenal), and it always sticks in my craw to read a news item exclaiming that Scally and Abramovich have agreed a deal, etc, etc.

So I would like the whole issue of club owenership, management (directors, etc) and directors of football looked at a little bit more, taking into account different rules and tendancies from country to country.

Hoeness will become President and replace Beckenbauer, not Rummenigge. He stays.

But of course, you're right that there isn't a way for a private person/organization to control a German club legally. BUT, technically, some do.

What do you think, how will members vote at meetings if that guy (Hopp) who pumps his personal wealth into Hoffenheim and "only" owns 49% of the shares were to say "That's it. If you don't agree, I'll leave". I guess, he is quite almighty there.

But true, Hoffenheim is an exception from the rule (as are Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg).

The only possibility for SI are to turn off take overs in such leagues or it maybe can done by you manually in the editor?

But true, Hoffenheim is an exception from the rule (as are Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg). Not much of an exception then!!!

Well, Hoeness will replace Beckenbauer as superbisory board chairmen, while Rummenigge stays as executive chairman. Formally speaking Rummenigge is the "boss" with influence on the operative issues such as hiring and firing coaches/managers. Beckenbauer is in supervisory board, which has more of a control role and they supervise the board...

But nevertheless the system, which FM uses over the years is totaly wrong, becouse none of chairmen mentioned above doesn't own FC Bayern, so the club cannot be bought from them.

Archived