Best for speed - set leagues to "view only" or preload all players rom nation?

hi guys,

Could do with some advice...

Am wanting to run a largescale set of leagues (eg 75-80plus) and of course this slows my machine down.

Have read the speed boosting tips on FM wiki and will of course follow.

It occurs to me however there are two ways to acheive what i want - to manage in the various uk leagues but within a large game world :

1)run my 80 leagues in playable form, with a default "large" database

2)run most of my 80 leagues in view only form. To ensure i can still buy players, regens reproduced etc i could use a custom database to "load all players from african, asian and european continents

Which is likely to be faster? (and why?)

I guess what i am essentially asking is is it the total number of players loaded or the number of playable leagues? Is there any diff to game speed from a league being playable or view only? (assuming of course it is set to "no detail" in terms of match processing for the league whatever the viewable status of the league is?)

Many thanks :)

Mike

I havent found the "load all players from..." to be an option on fm2010. Maybe i overlooked it, but i havent found it, and i have actually looked for it. On my new save now, i run 65 leagues as playable. I think it will work ok for the first seasons, but probably slow down after a while, this has happened on the previous versions of the game.

I guess it is due to lots of regens, new staff etc. Also, i think you need to run the game as playable to produce regens from the nations, atleast it will produce much more regens, which is why i run the game this way. But the game is pretty fast this year :)

I havent found the "load all players from..." to be an option on fm2010. Maybe i overlooked it, but i havent found it, and i have actually looked for it. On my new save now, i run 65 leagues as playable. I think it will work ok for the first seasons, but probably slow down after a while, this has happened on the previous versions of the game.

I guess it is due to lots of regens, new staff etc. Also, i think you need to run the game as playable to produce regens from the nations, atleast it will produce much more regens, which is why i run the game this way. But the game is pretty fast this year :)

What is the specifications of your PC?

Specs of my pc is:

q6600 2,4ghz

4gb ram (dont remember the speed of the ram, pretty fast)

Geforce 8800GTS 512mb

On a P5K motherboard

On my current save i tried 65 leagues playable, and the game is too slow. Plus the game did not load all the players in the norwegian league, even though it is playable, so i will probably play with a lot fewer leagues and start a new save. I only got a 2 star speed rating, and it is a bit slow.

I dont know if the game gets a lot slower in the future, but on FM09 it happened to me when i played with lots of playable leagues. I think it is due to regens, and that the game generates more and more information, which makes it slower.

The load all players from is in the custom part of the database size of starting a new game.

Archived