unemployed

Im doing a journeyman game now, started unemployed.

Bishops Stortford or sumthin the name is offered me my first job in Blue square North i think.

U wana do journeyman games so you can look back when your at chelsea,man utd, barcelona and think how good a manager you are lol jus a big sense of achievement that youve earnt that job really.

• 2 months later...
I am thinking about starting a new save un employed but i need someone to sell it to me?!
U wana do journeyman games so you can look back when your at chelsea,man utd, barcelona and think how good a manager you are lol jus a big sense of achievement that youve earnt that job really.

I think Tom answers your question Bluemoon.

I'd add that you get to manage clubs you wouldn't normally manage. A game where you start unemployed is a totally different experience and a very different type of save game to play. You current club is just a stepping stone to potential glory and you're always trying to progress for yourself. You must make decisions to further your career and you must know when to jump ship in order to make sure your career isn't stalled. You are a real life manager, learning your trade and aiming for the top. The only goal is personal glory.

See the Journeyman Career Game thread for further inspiration!

Beijing -> New York Red Bulls -> Zenit/Indonesia :D

In the Careers Forum, there are a lot of different kinds of careers. Everyone there offers something different, with different career paths and perspectives on different leagues.

In my career, I want to win the World Cup with an Asian country (and also win it with Canada), and bring as many North Americans I can to wherever I manage club-wise. :)

I started unemployed once and hung around waiting for Liverpool to sack Rafa and offer me the job. After a couple of seasons holidaying I realised that I was an idiot and started a new game as Liverpool manager.

Rather than starting at the bottom and working my way up, I prefer to start close to the top and struggle before quickly working my way down to my P45.

I started with Kettering Town in my 1st save and got them to the prem but the game crashed and the save wont work so i started another save with Carrick Rangers in Northern Ireland and got them promoted to prem in 1st season, been with them ever since and its now 2034 in game.

I started with Kettering Town in my 1st save and got them to the prem but the game crashed and the save wont work so i started another save with Carrick Rangers in Northern Ireland and got them promoted to prem in 1st season, been with them ever since and its now 2034 in game.

In either of these saves, did you start off unemployed? You haven't actually stated whether of not these teams offered you a job, it reads as though you picked them from the beginning. :D

I'm just wondering.

My first save was with Aber in the Welsh Prem, but had to start with the Jan 09 start date to get it. Since my first game is always as 'myself' it's hard for a Canadian Sunday Leaguer to get a job early on. That game is a good example of how I like it...went from Aber to Leeds during another L1 relegation, took them from L1 to ECC/Prem/FACup success, got sacked (weirdly), took Brazil to the World Cup, struggled at Rayo for a few seasons, off to Italy for a European and World Cup, back home to Canada to take Toronto to the MLS Cup, and finally ending my career back at Leeds (who have remained a top-4 side since my management).

Archived