Idea - Press Conference AFTER selling a player

I've noticed a few issues with this version when it comes to selling players. Just been reading a thread about the fans getting angry with the manager for selling a player when in actual fact the Chairman went over the manager's head and accepted the offer.

As well as this I have had this slightly difference issue a couple of times and here is an example...

I picked up this little Brazilian midfielder at 18. He turned into something of a gem but soon got too big for his boots, causing unrest in the dressing room, requesting moves, not turning up to training etc.

So I flog the little numpty to Lyon for £15m. Not bad business considering I only paid £1.7m and managed to include a 40% sell on clause. The fans then seemingly justify my decision by welcoming it saying that they think it'll "do wonders for the atmosphere in the Newcastle dressing room".

Then, next board confidence update I get

"your decision to let Octavio leave is regarded by the fans as an aberration"

OK people will say this is more of a cosmetic issue than anything else but I find it irritating all the same. So perhaps a way of combating it in future could be to have the option of calling a press conference after selling a big name/popular player, giving the user the opportunity to explain the reasons behind the sale and maybe inform them that the player will be replaced or something along those lines.

People may disagree but I'm always for making the interaction between manager and fans more personal and realistic so it's these type of things I'd like to see in future versions.

Fans certainly need to be a little sharper at recognising when a player should go.

In the first season at Arsenal, I brought in a decent premiership centerback who once played for the gooners. AFter a year of decent performances though, his physical stats were declining too fast for my liking so I sold him for around 90% of what I paid, and instead brought in an Italian CB/LB who was linked with us this summer. half a decade younger, far better and a bigger name... But my fans are still furious I let the old player go after a year.

In reality, if we did that, the fans would be happy to see a decent defender go with a much better one coming in.

I am all for this buddy.

I mean we have a press conference just after we sign a player, saying that he will boost the confidence of the dressing room and will fit straight into my plans and all that.

So why not have one after a big sale as you said, and then you can say he was upsetting the dressing room and stuff like, I will replace him with the best the money can buy/with a youngster for the future. :thup:

I'm all for this, it would allow me to vent

Journo : So you've signed Riquelme in a big deal for the club, but you've allowd Peter Lovenkrands to leave

Me : Yes well, Riquelme is a proven superstar and will add much needed quality to the side

Journo : Yes but the fans aren't happy that Lovenkrands has gone after 3 seasons with your side, how do you defend your decision to release him from his contract

Me : Well, he played 12 times in 3 seasons, most of them against League Cup clodhoppers and had an average rating of 6.5 and scored 0 goals...even against Hitchin when I won 9-0 and my half blind right back with a dodgy foot scored. I can understand why the fans could be angry about him leaving though....morons

Not sure the game needs more press conferences. Besides clubs don't call press conferences to tell people why the sold a player, they may however be asked about such a thing during an already scheduled press conference and this should be included in the game.

Not sure the game needs more press conferences. Besides clubs don't call press conferences to tell people why the sold a player, they may however be asked about such a thing during an already scheduled press conference and this should be included in the game.

It does get asked though, so it could be integrated. Perhaps into the next pre match conference.

It's frustrating that the board and fans complain when you sell a player (like my Lovenkrands example) and you can't hit back

Archived