Jesus what does it take to get Manager of the Month??

To be honest, when I win MOTM, I am not expecting it! :confused:

Scenario:

I could win all 4 or 5 games in one month comfortably. (4-1, 3-0, etc) and not win! and the award goes to Benitez or somebody who racked up 3 average 1-0 wins and a draw.

But then, another month I will draw a game 2-2, win the rest 2-1 or 1-0. And take the award, even though Portsmouth (AI controlled) went on a 5 game unbeaten streak in that month, which to be honest is a lot more impressive.

It does take into account whether you were expected to win the games, and by how much, so just winning games might not be enough. Winning games you were expected to lose/draw is more likely to provide you with the manager award. So for example picking up 1 win over a big team, and 4 over lesser clubs is more likely to win you the award than 5 wins over average/lesser clubs. Perhaps Man City had a tough month, and perhaps you had an easy one? Pretty sure the manager award doesn't count for the League Cup, so it's based only on your league games.

were you warned by the FA in that month? did you fine any players? what was your confidence level at the start of the month; what is it now?

no

no

confidence is and was superb.especially as i had won the Carling Cup.

Portsmouth who Man City drew with in that month are in the bottom 4 too.

I think this is a bit dodgy, you can get 4 5-0 wins against the top 4 teams in the league with a relegation candidate and someone else will win it with 4 wins and a draw with one of the best teams scraping 1-0 wins and a 0-0 draw.

I think it's based first on number of points; in that situation, the other guy picked up 13, you picked up 12. He wins. I agree with you, though, that it seems like you'd have a better month.

Player of the month, however, is weirder. I can't really figure out how they determine who the best player of the month is.

That's weird. Maybe the manager's reputation is playing a bigger part than it should. Maybe we need another variable called short-term reputation which doesn't allow your world reputation to go up drastically but allows you to win MOTM in the cases of 12 straight wins.

I dont believe it

Won manager of the month for april even though i lost a match.So i can win every games for like 3 months and not win it but then i have a dodgy spell and they take pity on me.

won it twice in a row at chelsea 1st season but then again that was chelsea so probably easier to win.

i imagine you get extra kudos for beating teams expected to finsih above you could explain why the guy playing as southampton got it quiet a bit as they can beat any team but due to the deductions they are expected to finish below them

Archived