Stupidest foward ever

He beats the goalie to a ball and is going to roll it into the empty net under no pressure...

89714789.jpg

but thats too easy...

29816657.jpg

I know, Ill head off to the corner flag and try to hold onto a 1-1 instead of going 2-1 up...

38987017.jpg

10 seconds later...

15744850.jpg

well that sure worked didnt it!

How can the match engine be so stupid?

Got to admit, I have seen several worrying instances of this with Fernando Torres - open for a one-on-one with the keeper, and instead runs wide and passes it back.

Many times they head for the corner flag in a 1 on 1, now Ive seen a player do it with an open goal. no keeper and no one within yard of him with a ball thats stopped when any 8 year old could score.

I like on how every screenshot, the commentator is screaming the same thing..

Kalinic rounds the keeper. "Kalinic loses his man!"

Kalinic runs away from goal. "Kalinic loses his man!"

City score! "Kalinic loses his man!"

This might just be the match engines way of showing him losing control of the ball and it heading away from goal. Probably just a problem of th eanimation just not looking quite right.

I'm sure you're right. What's worrying is that we rely on the ME animation to show us what is going on. So many times you see balls rolling past players who make no attempt to stop it or players running at 1/4 speed to get to balls and losing it to players running full speed from far further away. The way to approach it is as a representation rather than as the 'truth', but it does make you question how much you can actually trust the ME for identifying issues with tactics etc.

I haven't had this. But I have had my keeper standing completely still, facing the fans, while the ball hits his back. He's still standing there when the opposition striker trots up to the ball and kicks in it our net.

Archived