Tranmere easy to beat?

Hello there.

Now this thread is about how easy it is to beat tranmere fair enough I am notts county but for me league 1 is not loads of goals for me.

but every time I face tranmere they are so easliy beat.

first game me 5-0 tranmere

second game me 4-1 tranmere

thrid game me 7-1 tranmere

Anyone else notice how easy it ia to beat tranmere or is it just my tactics?!?

Hello there.

Now this thread is about how easy it is to beat tranmere fair enough I am notts county but for me league 1 is not loads of goals for me.

but every time I face tranmere they are so easliy beat.

first game me 5-0 tranmere

second game me 4-1 tranmere

thrid game me 7-1 tranmere

Anyone else notice how easy it ia to beat tranmere or is it just my tactics?!?

The thing with Rovers [iRL] this season, is that towards the end of last season and during the close season they had to sell some of their better players. They lost both their first team goalkeepers and were faced with the possibility of starting this season with a youth team goalkeeper as first choice. Also, they have not got any money to bring in better players than they already have. Now you can see why they are at the wrong end of League One.

If you look at Rovers board expectations in FM '10, you will see that they expect a play off place. However, FM'10 has not amended the boards expectations as they did for Chester City. Originally, pre patch, the Seals were expected to gain automatic promotion, even with the -25 point penalty. So, maybe the reason as to why Rovers seem easy to beat is in my post. There again, maybe not. Kind regards.

Have you played tranmere though theyt roll over like a dog.

Funny that you should say that, thatdude. I am "in between" games at the minute, due to other responsibilties. I may just start a new save this very evening. I'm glad that you have posted your thoughts about Rovers. I shall keep you posted as to whatever I decide. P.S.. A major part of their problems were of course, the deadly duo of Messrs Barnes and McAteer. [Am I allowed to say that?]

thatdude and scottmp, I have, this very evening started a new save with Tranmere Rovers. I have transfers in the first window unticked, not that it will make much difference to Rovers. I have already brought in Olivier Bernard on a "free". I have two or three more in the pipeline, including a GK. If I can bring in just those four or five then, at least, I will have a working squad of players with, hopefully, adequate cover for injuries throughout the season. The squad may not be good enough for promotion but I hope that relegation will not be a threat, as IRL for Tranmere Rovers. If you wish, I shall keep you up to date in the coming season.

I started off with Tranmere, and have just started season 2;

at the start of season 1, anyone taking over should dump out any loanees on big wages, (there were 2 I think, soaking up 20% of my wage budget, so got rid pretty sharpish)....

the BIG thing about clubs like Tranmere in the lower leagues, is that finances are awful to say the least....

ended up £1m in debt at the end of season one, and had to sell my star player for £1.6m, just clear the season 1 debt....

didn't even get the remainder for transfers!

transfer budget at the start of season one was £20k, and pretty much the same at the start of season 2....

to top things of, the wage budget had decreased at the start of season 2! :D

will be a looooong few seasons I think - going by the information screen, the club is in £6m debt....

most clubs below Championship level, (save Notts County), will be shipping funds like crazy, so that will be draining funds from transfers and wages - haven't signed anyone for cash yet....

you have to sell players to survive, and hope for a good cup run, to bring in finances!

Archived