The last couple of nights, I have left my computer holidaying through a save game aiming to get 30 years into the game. I did this in order to carry out some speed tests and to calculate how much a save will slow down in the long-term. I also did this for a bit of fun, to see what would happen in the future. Just thought I would post up a few things in case there was any interest. I only had the top couple of leagues active in England, Italy and Spain, so I will just be talking about those leagues. Anything you want to ask, then let me know!

So, what's happening in 2039? Interestingly, while the top 4 in England have still popped up now and then in second and third, Aston Villa and Manchester City have claimed the majority of league titles in the last decade. Villa have been especially successful. Recent years have also seen the emergence of Hull City, who won their first title in 2039.

Villa have also won a few titles in Europe, with the cup often heading to Portugal in recent years as Sporting CP have won a couple of titles with Rio Ferdinand as manager!

Changes haven't been that profound in Italy, although Genoa have won several titles and Udinese have emerged as champions a few years running. Otherwise AC Milan and Juventus have won their fair share of titles. The biggest shock is that Inter find themselves in Serie B and have been a bit of a yo-yo club since the 2020s.

Not that much change at all in Spain as Real Madrid have absolutely dominated their league.

The most famous managers in the world include 59-year-old Michael Owen at Manchester City. Michael has managed Bayern Munich, Juventus, England, Aston Villa and Manchester City, and he is currently the most successful English manager. He has won 6 leagues and 19 cups, and his most impressive success is winning the World Cup with England in 2030. Owen and Shearer are the 3rd and 4th most successful managers of all time in England in the hall of fame. Shearer won several titles with Aston Villa before retiring.

Meanwhile, Liverpool fans will be delighted to know that Fernando Torres is their manager in 2039, while Steven Gerrard is England boss, after previously managing Liverpool for six years.

England have only won the one World Cup, which was achieved under Michael Owen, and have been runner up in the Euros no less than three times. England's best XI is almost totally made up of regens. Among the ex-managers of England are Stuart Pearce, Steve Bruce, Michael Owen, Alan Shearer and Steven Gerrard.

No real surprises in the World Cup. Italy have been fairly dominant winning four.

That's all for now. Let me know if there is anything you would like to know. Just a bit of fun. :D

Oh and the speed tests showed that the save game slowed down up to around 30% over 3 decades, which is probably around what I was expecting.

Regards,

C.

EDIT - Uploaded saves:

1) 2039 - England, Italy and Spain Compressed Save (also see this post for information)

2) 2039 - All English Leagues Version or here is an alternative link (also see this post for information)

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inter are financially very well off. They just keep bouncing between the divisions.

Everton have a regen manager in charge of them. They had their best spell under Shearer before he moved to Aston Villa.

They have spent one year in the Championship in 2031/32 but they bounced back by winning the league and getting promoted again. Otherwise it has just been very stable in the league. They have won an FA Cup and been runners-up in the FA Cup and League Cup a few times.

C.

Sir Alex still managing Manchester United?

:D

Man Utd are managed by Italian Angelo Palombo, who has worked his way up through clubs in Italy and Portugal.

Ferguson retired in 2012. Javier Aguirre replaced him but was sacked after a year.

They've also had Steve Bruce, Frank Rijkaard, Ian Holloway(!) and a couple of regen managers.

C.

How have you found game speed 30 years on? Do you have any data i.e. speed of Season 1 and speed of Season 30?

To holiday through the month of August 2009 took 3 minutes, while to holiday through the month of August 2039 took 5 minutes.

I can do some more specific speed comparison tests if there is anything else you want to know as I still have the same save from the beginning of 2009 as well.

Cheers,

C.

:D

Man Utd are managed by Italian Angelo Palombo, who has worked his way up through clubs in Italy and Portugal.

Ferguson retired in 2012. Javier Aguirre replaced him but was sacked after a year.

They've also had Steve Bruce, Frank Rijkaard, Ian Holloway(!) and a couple of regen managers.

C.

Hahaha - Ian Holloway? I burst out laughing there.

Who is Sjors Stam, a regen?

Yes, a Dutch regen. Started out at AZ, then moved to Liverpool and played there for around 7 seasons. Now at Real Madrid. He is a winger.

Did Liverpool win the league?

Liverpool ended their wait for the league title in 2026 and then won it again in 2035 and 2036. No sign of a Champions League title since 2005 I'm afraid, but they have won two Europa trophies in the 2010s. Also three FA Cup and two League Cups have been won.

They won the title for the first time under Javi Lopez and then again under Stevie G.

What speed Computer do you have?

My computer is 1.66GHz intel dual core with 3GB RAM.

How long did it take to get to 2030?

About 34 hours.

What is the save game size?

314, 328KB.

Is the game speed still reasonably playable?

Yes, I'd say so. Holiday through a month in about 5 minutes in 2039. Still seems to take around an hour to holiday through a season, maybe more.

Regards,

C.

Seeing as you have only loaded the premier league and championship in England then Crouchy, are there any present day league 2 teams or non league teams up in the top two tiers?

I only had the top couple of leagues running from each nation, so there was only the Championship and Premier League running. Thus, there was only the potential for a club from League One to get up to the Premier League.

Huddersfield Town have managed it. They came up into the Championship in 2014/15 and they got into the Premier League in 2023/24 and have been there ever since, always finishing in the lower half, roughly in the middle of the table.

Swansea have also pretty much established themselves after getting promotion from the Championship.

Other than that, there have been some yo-yo clubs but nobody who has really established themselves.

Perhaps I'll do a holiday game just in England from the Conference South/North upwards at some point.

C.

Good stuff.

1) What's been going on at Arsenal? Please tell me they've won a Champions League :D

Winners in 2013, 2022. Runners up in 2019, 2024.

Won 8 league titles in the 2010s and early 2020s but haven't won a league title since 2021.

2) Are any current (2009) Arsenal players managing?

Anyone in particular you want me to search for?

3) What are the big difference with the international FIFA rankings from then and today?

Top five is:

1) Italy

2) Germany

3) Spain

4) France

5) England

6) Brazil

7) Holland

8) Uruguay

9) Serbia

10) Turkey

Anyone specific you want to know about?

C.

How have Birmingham done over the years on it???

Thanks

Won the Championship in 2011. Runner up in the FA Cup 2011 and 2014.

Was mid-table Premier League until 2027/28. Relegated that season.

Have bounced up and down since, spending an average of three or four season in the Championship and then getting promotion. Usually relegated at the first attempt in the Prem.

Best Prem finish 7th. Couple of appearances in the Europa. Usually knocked out early but made it to the Quarters in 2011.

C.

I'll just run a season holiday to see the speed difference between the 2009 and the 2039 save.

I'll post up the results when I'm back on in a couple of hours.

Leave any questions you want answering and I'll try to answer them all later. :)

I'll probably put an all England down to Conference South/North save on tonight. :D

Cheers,

C.

1. How are the Dutch clubs doing in the European competitions?

2. Do you think there's an obvious parallel between a club's current financial status and their performances over the 30 years you've watched? (judging by Inter's poor performances I'm guessing no)

Cheers mate.

Right for those who were interested in how the speeds compared between the 2009 version and the 2039 version, here are some results.

Holiday until 15th July 2039 (30 years):

34 hours, 45 minutes.

Average of around 1 hour 9 minutes per season.

Comparison tests for 1 month of game time (from 15th July):

Season 1 - 3.3 minutes.

Season 30 - 5 minutes.

Comparison tests for 1 year of game time:

Season 1 - 50 minutes (average of just over 4 minutes per month).

Season 30 - 1 hour 5 minutes (average of around 5.5 minutes per month.

So it hasn't actually slowed down a terrible amount. It's about 25% slower after three decades of game time.

You probably would notice it when playing, I would think, but it's not a very significant amount.

Regards,

C.

Good read :thup:

How are Bristol City doing? Thanks

Bristol City are in the Championship. Highest finish was 5th back in 2011/12. FA Cup runners up in 2016.

Thanks for those.

What's the lowest league a current Premiership team are in as of 2039?

Well, I've only got the top two tiers, so it'll be the Championship.

Are any Lampard, Terry or Rooney managing?

Lampard is currently England U21s manager at the age of 61. He has managed Hull City, Wolves, Blackburn, Valencia and Sporting. Two cups win but no league titles.

How often have a team outside the big three of Europe (Spain, England, Italy) won the Champions League?

Porto in 2027, Lyon in 2029, Sporting CP in 2036 and 2038.

Could you write up the winners of the Champions League? :p Nice to hear that Inter is down in serie B where they belong :p

Will do a screenshot in a bit.

It's guys like you Crouchaldinho, that make me love these forums, top stuff this is.

Cheers. Just a bit of fun! :D

Thats wierd.. In 2013, Aston Villa got relegated to the championship as Burnley won the premier league.

Is this in your game? :confused:

Good work Crouchy!

1 - How are Newcastle getting on?

Newcastle are in League One!

Made it back to the Premier League for 2010/11. Relegated after a couple of seasons. Then up and down until the 2020s where they were stuck in the Championship until 2032/33. Then relegated to League One! :D

2 - Teams in the prem that wouldnt be expected? For instance, Exeter City are launching an assault on the championship, and im only in 2012.

Huddersfield Town are the main one.

Good post Croucho, its given me the urge to carry on with my meagre 4-season save.

Do you have Scotland running? Has anyone but Rantic/Celgers won the SPL? How's Aberdeen been doing?

Afraid Scotland isn't running. It's just the top two of England, Italy and Spain.

What are the current Premier League teams?

Will post a screenshot in a bit.

How have Leeds got on?

Currently in the Championship. Got into the Championship in 2010/11. Finally gained promotion to the Premier League in 2028/29. One year in the Premier League and relegated in 20th place with just 4 wins. Then back in the Championship ever since.

1. How are the Dutch clubs doing in the European competitions?

Not a lot to report in the Champions League

Ajax never out of the group stages. Same with FC Twente.

Feyenoord in the knockout stages a couple of times but always out at the first hurdle.

PSV to the knockouts once but out again in the first round.

Europa pretty bare as well, I'm afraid.

Didn't load the Dutch leagues so that probably has an impact on their success in Europe.

2. Do you think there's an obvious parallel between a club's current financial status and their performances over the 30 years you've watched? (judging by Inter's poor performances I'm guessing no)

Well, most of the big clubs have still done well. I was more surprised by the parallel between big name managers and small clubs (e.g. the influence Michael Owen and Alan Shearer have had at their clubs).

The richest clubs in the game are: 1) Real Madrid; 2) Barcelona; 3) A.C. Milan; 4) Arsenal; 5) Juventus.

Real Madrid are the richest by a fair way and they have absolutely dominated their league winning 18 titles since 2009 and winning the Champions League 8 times. So money clearly does talk.

Barcelona have only managed 8 titles and a couple of Champions Leagues in comparison.

A.C. Milan are then quite a way off Barcelona. They have won 4 titles and 2 Champions Leagues.

Arsenal are in the same ballpark as A.C. Milan and they have won 8 titles and 2 Champions Leagues.

Juventus are again not that far off and they have won 7 titles and 4 Champions League titles.

How about a screenie of the world's most expensive player?

Coming up...

Think that is everyone.

Now for some screenshots then.

C.

Would an upload be to much to ask for?

Sorry, think I missed this.

If there is enough interest, I could try. I imagine that it would take absolutely ages to upload though.

Any recommendations of where to upload it? I have a filefront account. I could give it a try but I imagine it would take forever!

Archived