Premiership Nightmare...

Then you are probably faced with one thing; consolidation and improvement for your next crack at the big time.

I am sure your board don't expect much more than a brave battle against relegation so try and get some semi-decent loans in and battle as bravely as you can. You need to boost morale as much as possible and build a tactic that can hold up the bigger teams so you at least appear to be a challenge. Don't be too hard on players, praise them for good performances even if you lose and encourage, encourage, encourage.

Even if you go down, and if you don't get the sack (I think it would be harsh if you did), then your players have experience of the big time and will be more up for the challenge when, or if, you make it back. If you drop back to the Championship try and get in some experienced players to pass on their words of wisdom and bring through some young talent who will be vastly improved by a wise base to the team. Those young players could then make all the difference when you get back to the Premier.

Good luck.

Just remember that as you aren't as good, you can't just go out and attack or play "beautiful" football. You need to play defensive. Perhaps 3 centre backs, or a DM. Playing Rigid or Very Rigid will probably help, as will counter attacking, restricting creative freedom to most players, and getting them to stick to position. You still won't win all the time, but it should help you to pick up points now and again. You need to get your team to work hard, they won't be as talented as other teams in the league, so you can't just match them blow for blow.

But like anagain said, your board probably won't expect you to be staying up, and will be expecting only attempting to avoid relegation. So you shouldn't lose your job if you are relegated. But the money will be useful to you, and use it to get in lots of talented players. For example those released from bigger Premier League clubs or from abroad. Also check the transfer list often, you can find some bargains there now and again.

We are getting the odd draw and win but I just had Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal in the last 5 games, 3 away.

Thats a tough draw in anyones book. Am trying to encourage, play defence, set stopper and cover and a dm ancor-man but nothing can stem the tide. I guess I shall soon have west ham, boton and portsmouth so maybe some hope on the Horizon.

No money for loans.

Eeeekk

We are getting the odd draw and win but I just had Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal in the last 5 games, 3 away.

Thats a tough draw in anyones book. Am trying to encourage, play defence, set stopper and cover and a dm ancor-man but nothing can stem the tide. I guess I shall soon have west ham, boton and portsmouth so maybe some hope on the Horizon.

No money for loans.

Eeeekk

Don't even expect to beat the big 4 or 5 teams. Tell the players to go out and do their best and praise them if they make a good contribution. It's against the teams like Bolton and Portsmouth that you're going to have your best chances, especially at home. Tell your team that you can win and let them go out and impress you.

I often find that telling a player that you have faith in his ability works wonders if they are on okay, or worse, morale. More often than not they play their heart out to thank you.

I meant you say that it appeared you were struggling to bring in good enough players. What are you after, talent or experience? Talent is unlikely to join you unless it is an unknown quality from abroad or a lower league star. Don't try and get big named players in. They'll just become disillusioned at the lack of success and bring the team down. Bring in one of two types of player, I'd say. That is either the unknown quality that wants to show the world what he can do at an unfancied club (but you may lose him next season if he does that) or an experienced player who has seen much of the big time, even if he's 37. As long as he's fit he'll serve you well.

I am with Leicester in third season, but first in the premiership. I have playing a back four with limited freedom and defensive mentality. I am using 2 DM's one as a deep lying playmaker and one as an anchor man. The I am playing 2 wingers and 2 strikers. I sit 14th after 14 games. I beat Aston Villa and Man City but then lost to Sunderland and Burnley.

I would advise the use of 2 DM's instead of 1. I tried using 1 first and it didn't offer me enough protection. Also if you had a partnership up front that worked in the Championship. Stick with it for 4 or 5 games and see how it worked. I tried getting a new partnership of Owen and Fryatt going, it didn't work so I dropped Owen and brought Cristaldo back in and it has worked a treat.

Archived