What is YOUR aim in FM?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean what means to you that you have "completed" the game?

Mine is starting unemployed with no rep and eventually becoming world class and getting to no.1 in the world hall of fame :)

Same here. Never ever started with a big team, always unemployed. That's the biggest appeal of FM for me.

I have rather simple wants and it varies somewhat depending upon what level I start at, but it pretty much boils down to one simple thing:

I want to improve a club at my starting level and get them to a stage where they can cope at a higher level than they started. In doing that I want to improve my own reputation so that I get offers from increasingly bigger clubs and can move up the ladder and be successful in my own right. I don't need to win the biggest tournaments, I just want to feel I have improved a clubs chances of winning something.

If I could get the Bournemouth job then my goal would become to lead them to the highest level they have been.

Two things for me.

In my Calcio Journeyman save, my aim is to become one of the most successful managers of all time after starting at the bottom. I want to end up managing a top club if I can and end up winning most of the major trophies if possible.

In my St. Albans City save, which I haven't started yet, the aim will be to take St. Albans City up the leagues as far as I can.

I guess I don't exactly have a target for completion of the game though in the sense that I need to win a certain amount of trophies. Football Manager is about the narrative to me and even if I am not particularly successful in my career, I will still be pleased with my saves if I have managed to have an interesting narrative. In other words, I will feel that the game is complete if I have had an interesting career, getting very far into the game, with a good story to tell about it, regardless of my successes and failures.

C.

When Derby are the unequaled greatest team in History!

I've managed it on FM 2008, was getting close on FM 2009. I want to blow both of them out of the water this time around!

The best of luck with that. Your gonna have to win the European Cup in back-to-back seasons just to draw level with the greatest club in your region.

My aims;

- To become as successfull as possible whilst playing by the rules of an LLM game (in my current game I'm starting off in the 3rd tier of the Belgian league)

- To at some point become the Nottingham Forest manager. If/when this happens I'll build a winning team filled with locally born players.

- To guide a 'minnow' nation to international glory.

- To play using only my own tactics and training regimes whilst avoiding all genie scout(cheat) programs

I almost never start with a big team anymore (I had a cracking 08 game going Juve-Marseilles-Barcelona, but that was the last one pretty much). My first two games this year were Ajax and Werder and both of them I gave up on after about 6 months game time because things went bad and I didn't have any long term plans that warranted sticking with the teams. What I love most is taking a small club and making them big, but that's become very hard since FM06 (when I took St. Albans to the Premiership and won the FA Cup in an 8 season span). These days I try to revive sleeping giants on the basis I have to have an aim beyond simply winning the Premiership year after year with someone else's squad, but don't have the patience to play for 30 years in order to build a club's reputation. My two best 09 games were taking Oxford to League 1 in 3 years(the same squad then got promoted to the Championship the year after I left) before moving to Derby and turning them into Premier League champions and taking Sheffield Wednesday into the Premiership and gradually working up the league (I didn't get a chance to take that to any sort of conclusion - I finished a season in 7th, my highest result in 4 seasons of consecutive improvements, three days before FM10 was released).

Depends on the game I'm playing - I always start off with the club I support in real life Cambridge United and take them as far as I can. I exceeded my expectation on FM10 as I got them in the premier league, relegated and then promoted again! Only got them in the prem league before with the aid of genie scout so was chuffed to do it without it.

So left that for a bit to go back to later, started a european game with 12 leagues (Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine) . Would have liked to have started lower down the spectrum but having to run the top flights only cos of my PC! Started off unemployed as an ex semi pro. went to bulgaria and it was a disaster so i resigned after 11 defeats in 13 games, then got a job with willem II in holland but failed to save them from relegation so was forced to resign. Then got offered a job in Sweden, first season steered the team clear of relegation and won the swedish cup which got me into europe. 2nd season top of the league by 7 points with 10 games to go, in the semi final of the swedish cup. euro cup didnt last long as i lost to Lille 6-2 on aggregate. My aim is to become a top european coach, flicking from one job to the next winning things! at least my profile is slightly on the rise now after a disastrous start!

I started with AFC Wimbledon to try and take them as far as I could, and then jumped to Reading and got them in the prem, but got a bit bored of them so just managing Uruguay at the minute, I think the goal of my game this time is to try and end up as Man United manager or failing that, just at a good club and actually win something :)

I have a few aims I'd love to complete on FM 10.

1) Complete dafuge's challenge. (In League 1 at the moment with Farnborough).

2) Take Dumbarton to Champions League glory.

3) Take Havant to Champions League glory.

4) Make Portsmouth the most successful team ever.

Most of them entail the same outline, being the best. I'd love to make a solid journeyman career as well, but never have the enthusiasm to start in really obscure leagues like Slovenia/Bulgaria etc.. You never know though.

I've got a few aims as well:

1. Either get a promotion, or win a league or cup (I never win anything) with any team

2. Do a Leeds United game and try to at least establish them back in the Championship

3. To really get the hang of training and improve my players properly

4. Just to get better at FM full stop

I've not done the first one yet in any shape or form, I took over Burton half way through the season, so next year will be my big drive for promotion.

I'm also slowly working towards the last two, it seems to be getting there, but not quite yet.

taking my hometown club barnet from league 2 to consequent champions league and premiership wins, the trebles etc. dominating for years and always attracting the best youngsters to fill the youth teams.

its seemingly impossible at the mo without bankrupting the club because in 2014 the regens are bad and no premiership club has a pool of reserve team players to loan from so i cant get in any loanees so im stuck with a 13 man squad for the whole season!

sort it out si

• 2 weeks later...

Winning every trophy possible for a PL team in one season, that includes the european super cup and the intercontinental club world cup (which means you must have won the CL the year before in order to stand a chance).

Community Shield

European Super Cup

Intercontinental

Carling Cup

FA Cup

Premier League

Champions League

Never managed it yet, been close though

My current aim is to win everything in the nations I have loaded (England, Scotland, Italy, Spain, France, Holland, Germany, Russia) and be top of the hall of fame.

Maybe when 10.2 or 10.3 comes out I will try a journeyman save - I've never had the patience before, but I would like to give it a go as a Roy Hodgson type.

I usually start one game each release and play it up untill the next one and see how far I get. I start out lower down and then work my way up. This year I started out with Southport and I'm still with them.

I normally set myself targets, like getting the balance to a certain point, a new stadium, all HG players, etc.

And having a season where you win everything, but obviously that is pretty much everyone's target, the others are a bit more specific.

My aim is to win Premier League with Tottenham, i have failed to do that 3 seasons in fm09, once i even lost on fewer goals than 1st placed arsenal. now in fm10, i started with dinamo bucharest, finished 3rd first season than in the next i got an offer from dinamo moscow and signed them and won a title in 2 seasons, than went to zenit in mid championship and won the title with them in 157days ( i got them in 3rd place). then i signed with 20th placed wigan, got them to 10th and got an offer of 3mil from tottenham, finished first season with tottenham in 2nd place and won fa cup, and now after 8 games i'm first but man city hasn't lost in 36 games and they just crush me everywere so i don't have my hopes up, but that is what i aim for right now

Archived