Sacked after consortium takeover!

So my beloved Pontefract Colliers are sitting atop the Blue Square North by a pretty 21 points with just a few games to go, after I built the team over two years from a little edited league I created below the Blue Square (which is another story altogether)

So a team of generated players, Adam Pepper on loan and a 41 brazillian striker who has got 63 goals in 58 games over the past two years are about to get promoted to the Blue Square Premier, and I can keep the Colls marching up the league structure.

But no, a consortium just took over and want to appoint Nigel Pearson, I'm playing on hoping I win the next few games and keep my job, but has this ever happened to any of you? And how UNFAIR is it if it happens?

Yeah, my best game on FM2009 was taking Wakefield up from Blue Square North to winning the Prem in 12 seasons.

I was looking forward to doing that with a team I actually played for (Ponte Colls) but I haven't been sacked yet :)

Well we just gained Promotion (so guaranteed first place) but I'll have to keep playing my first team for fear of the sack.

The only thing I edited on the team was giving them a stadium as they didn't have one at all, but last summer they took out a loan and started building a new one! Typical.

This irritates me. It's almost as if a consortium knows the club better than anyone and they are willing to sack a successful manager!

A new owner should only consider replacing a manager who is underperforming as continuity is always better at least for the short-term and possibly medium-term.

In fact, if anything, the consortium should seek to retain the manager and players at least until the end of the season so that they don't get worried about the takeover and cashflow/political problems and start looking elsewhere for jobs!

I have had this, they keep saying they want to replace you with someone, but when they takeover they say something like they didnt realise how good or popular you are with the players or fans and they dont sack you. That is if you are doing a good job. This has been the case with many people on here i have seen.

Archived