football manager doesnt work

Right so heres the thing... I bought my copy of football manager on release day from asda, after finally getting a moment to install it after an ever so busy weekend the disk drive on my laptop didn't read the disc my computer kept telling me there was no disc inserted in the drive, my heart was broken . After work the following day I decided it couldn't hurt to try again so i put my laptop on and put FM in, to no avail. I kept opening and closing the disk drive until finally it read the disk needless to say I was over the moon ! The next day i decided to put football manager on having had a very succesful start to my Tottenham season only for it to inform me yet again that there was no disc, I again applied my 'genius' method of opening and closing and after about half an hour it started working. This kept happening throughout the week sometimes taking up to an hour to work until it finally stopped and no matter how many times i opened and closed the drive it was all in vein there was no football manager i was gutted having finished my second season third with Pavlyuchenko scoring 44 in 55 . Tonight after work I took my copy of football manager back to asda and exchanged it for another having been so excited to continue my game i recieved a massive slap in the face the exact same thing happened as with my last copy and opening and closing did not work .

Every other dvd, cd and football manager i've tried work fine and straight away. So what is wrong :( Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated .

Thank You .

p.s sorry about where I have posted this i didn't know where it would be relevant 'cause i can't imagine it's a bug or anything :?

do you still have to download it via steam if you already have it installed? or can you install it on steam via the disc? cos if you do I'm not sure it's worth my effort to download it on steam :p I don't remember if there was the option to install via steam from the disc when I installed it, my memory isn't particularly great :p

Archived