Drunk and playing...does it make a difference

I try and keep off the PC when i have been drinking. I usually find out that i have left some messages on facebook & said stuff msn which makes me want to bury my head in the sand.

But last time i played FM drunk ish, I won 1 out of 10 games. So im my expeirence, No.

But thats just my expeirence.

You think you win more...

..until the next day when you get out of bed with a screaming hangover and stumble to the computer and fire up your game, only to find that your brilliant run of wins is really a brilliant run of losses and you reversed the scores in your drunken state.

I may or may not have experienced that myself, mind.

A few times I've played whilst under the influence and turned it on the next day to find myself months ahead with little recollection of playing any games. In fact just today I found out it was January 2011 and I could have sworn it was October last time I played it.

No more Carling for me whilst playing!

I don't know about FM, but I used to be a much better X-Wing pilot after drinking.

As a TIE fighter pilot, we in the Empire were breathalysed every time we went near our poorly shielded ships.

The rebels could afford to have a few with their deflectors and R2 units steering the ship back on course. But we were much more reliant on our reflexes and skill.

I think drinking helps if your team is hopeless - it frees your brain up to try new ideas, and even if they don't work and you get beat 8 - 0, you still feel jolly anyway.

A few times I've played whilst under the influence and turned it on the next day to find myself months ahead with little recollection of playing any games. In fact just today I found out it was January 2011 and I could have sworn it was October last time I played it.

No more Carling for me whilst playing!

Haha - Euro '96 was the last time I went on a Carling binge.

England v Switzerland, the opening game. I got as far as the national anthems, and then I woke up near the end of the game to see it was 1 - 1.

Foot note to my opening post.

I turned on FM the day after my post to see my last game was a 4-4 draw with Arsenal, Rooney scoring all of them, Evra getting sent off. Arsenal scored in injury to snatch a draw.

So quite an exciting game....I however have no memory of it!!

Archived