How Often Are These Events Used?

I was just going through the 'events' config (changing the commentary!), and I noticed that there were loads of events that I'd never seen nor heard of, such as a ref booking the wrong player, a ref giving 2 yellows, and no red, a full on 22 man brawl, a player celebrating in front of oppo. fans (á la Adebayor!), and games being abandoned for floodlight failures!

Has anyone ever experienced any of these, and if not, why are these included in the config?!

I was just going through the 'events' config (changing the commentary!), and I noticed that there were loads of events that I'd never seen nor heard of, such as a ref booking the wrong player, a ref giving 2 yellows, and no red, a full on 22 man brawl, a player celebrating in front of oppo. fans (á la Adebayor!), and games being abandoned for floodlight failures!

Has anyone ever experienced any of these, and if not, why are these included in the config?!

They might plan to use them in a future release.

Here are 2 fairly common events, and then one rare event:

The Ball Goes Loose

# EVENT_BALL_GOES_LOOSE

= 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0

> 20, 900, 53

INGAME ENGLISH: The ball goes loose

REPORT ENGLISH: The ball went loose

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 20, 900, 53

INGAME ENGLISH: The ball has run loose

REPORT ENGLISH: The ball ran loose

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 20, 900, 53

INGAME ENGLISH: No-one can get hold of the ball

REPORT ENGLISH: Neither side had possession of the ball

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 20, 900, 53

INGAME ENGLISH: The ball's run free

REPORT ENGLISH: The ball ran free

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 20, 900, 53

Someone loses control of the ball

# EVENT_LOSE_CONTROL_OF_BALL

= 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS

> 30, 900, 26

INGAME ENGLISH: <p1> loses control of the ball

REPORT ENGLISH: <p1> lost control of the ball

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 30, 900, 26

INGAME ENGLISH: <p1> loses the ball

REPORT ENGLISH: <p1> lost the ball

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 30, 900, 26

INGAME ENGLISH: <p1> can't hold onto the ball

REPORT ENGLISH: <p1> could not hold onto the ball

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 30, 900, 26

INGAME ENGLISH: <p1> can't keep the ball under control

REPORT ENGLISH: <p1> couldn't keep the ball under control

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 30, 900, 26

INGAME ENGLISH: <p1> lets the ball slip away

REPORT ENGLISH: <p1> let the ball slip away from himself

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 30, 900, 26

INGAME ENGLISH: <p1> miscontrols the ball

REPORT ENGLISH: <p1> could not hold onto the ball

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 30, 900, 26

Ref Books Wrong Player

# EVENT_REFEREE_BOOKS_WRONG_PLAYER

= 958, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1

> 10, 2000

INGAME ENGLISH: <Y>The referee shows <p2> a yellow card | Has he made a mistake there? | It appeared to be <p1> who committed the offence|

REPORT ENGLISH: The referee showed <p2> a yellow card by mistake | He should have booked <p1>

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 2000

INGAME ENGLISH: <Y><p1> is shown a yellow card | The referee seems to have booked the wrong player by mistake! | <p2> should be in his notebook

REPORT ENGLISH: <p1> was incorrectly shown a yellow card | <p2> should have been the recipient

REPLAY ENGLISH:

> 10, 2000

Numbers at top

1. 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0

2. 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,

3. 958, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1

Number underneath 1st number & each line of text

1.> 20, 900, 53

2.> 30, 900, 26

3.> 10, 2000

In each case, numbers 1 & 2 are quite similar, then number 3 is completely different, normally much larger.

I wonder if this has something to do with it?

It will be to do with probabilities. Someone will have been bored at some point, and added in all these little bits. They'll have a one in million chance of ever happening, and you'll probably miss them when they do, but there is always a chance.

There used to be a similar thing for injuries - players could pick up all kinds of bizarre injuries, there was just a really small chance that they would go away for "faith healing" or with a bout of cholera.

It will be to do with probabilities. Someone will have been bored at some point, and added in all these little bits. They'll have a one in million chance of ever happening, and you'll probably miss them when they do, but there is always a chance.

There used to be a similar thing for injuries - players could pick up all kinds of bizarre injuries, there was just a really small chance that they would go away for "faith healing" or with a bout of cholera.

that just what you think not really a real answer.

Lay off him, mate, it sounds like a good guess to me!

I think we should try experimenting with the numbers above and below each line, and see what happens?

Like change the 22 man brawl numbers to the same numbers as somebody trapping the ball?

that just what you think not really a real answer.

Well, no. I don't understand the programming details of Football Manager, so an educated guess is the best I can muster.

I do however, understand chance and probability. This bit;

1. 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0

2. 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,

3. 958, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1

suggests to me that with whatever chance system FM use, these things probably have somewhere around a (1000-##)% chance of happening in a game.

ie, there is a 99.9% chance that the ball will go loose, a 99.8% chance that the ball will be miscontrolled, and a 4.2% chance that there will not be a brawl.

So essentially, yeah, I reckon if you change the above numbers, the events are more likely. Even more likely is that FM will break though.

That sounds to be along the right tracks, though I'm not sure about the numbers, as I've seen more than 25 games, and, statistically, if it's a 4% chance of something happening, I'd have seen it, and I've never seen somebody incorrectly booked.

Sounds to be along the right lines, though!

Archived