47M pounds for TV rights? is this a bug?

I could be wrong but I think some teams get very big TV money because they negotiate their own so they can demand a bigger chunk becasue they have there own TV channel, where as in England the money is split accordingly from a pot. Real Madrid get loads from TV and I think AC Milan get alot aswell becasue they have own the rights to themselves or something similar. :)

i played as genoa and ive seen $87mil. And the La Liga its negiociated by club. So thats why you normally only get to see the large club matches on tv. And thats why Real Madrid gets a ton of cash. Now a days its very unlikely there ever will be a Leeds United situation due to TV rights. That is unless you are a small club and spend a lot like West Ham. Even then you can still come out of the hole as long as you stay afloat. Debts aren't crippling anymore as in the past as banks are willing to refinance as like Liverpool. And TV revenue will keep growing.

Some Italian clubs have huge debts, but Napoli is one of the few who do not have a debt (or not much of one). Napoli were the 5th or 6th highest spending team in the off-season (In Europe).

Italian football may not seem popular to English speaking audiences (like in the UK or Australia) but its quite huge in South America, USA/NA.

Napoli actually has one of the biggest fan bases world wide, reaching around 10 million.

This year I have seen nearly every Napoli game on Pay TV, from ESPN, Setanta Sports to SBS One.

However I doubt Serie A can match the wonderful marketing of the EPL. :)

Wow. Had no idea Serie A teams get so much from TV rights alone. They're pretty cheap in the transfer market considering that..

they get terrible money for position in league.. finishing in third spot, grants around 3.5mln euros, , finishing in 19th spot in epl gives around 3.8mln.. so figure

I am not one for real life economy and finances, but isnt the economy in UK stronger than that in Italy?

UK sides tend to do a lot better in terms of marketing, support and investors than Italian clubs, hence why English Clubs spend a lot more on players and their wages.

Not to mention foreign investors getting suckered in by the brilliant EPL marketing, spending billions to buy clubs.

I wonder how many English clubs are owned by Englishmen, compared to how many Italian clubs are owned by Italians.

Italian clubs mainly rely on TV revenue for their income. Italian fans tend to be less focused on spending money on their teams, kits, pay tv, merchandise and other fan related expenses, especially season tickets and even going to the stadium. Italian stadiums tend to be empty most of the time.

Could also be a reason why Italian clubs tend to try and negotiate better deals for themselves for TV rights. I would be trying it too, if most of my fans followed their team from home. :)

Serie A really needs to look into re-designing its league to get a bigger appeal, similar to the EPL. Similar to what the EPL did in 1992.

Archived