Super Man Utd?

Is anybody elsea experiencing a totally dominant Man U in their game? I'm managing Arsenal and I'm 2nd after 22 matches, but miles behind Utd. They've played the same number of games and have a record of W20 D1 L1 conceding 6 goals on the way and having a GD of +46.

I have 47pts and a GD of +22 and I don't have an issue not being totally dominant instantly or all the time, but I honestly don't think Utd are THAT good.

Does this seem wrong to anyone else?

You do occasionally see teams go on a great run through the season, but you also see the opposite at times as well. For instance, in my current Liverpool save Arsenal are in the bottom 5 of the Premiership after about 15 games :D

Swings and roundabouts.

I'd just never seen an AI team be dominant to that degree. I know it will change most seasons but I was just scouting whether anybody had seen a team perform that strong whether it be Utd or someone else.

You musn't have bought 09 and watched Arsenal smash anyone and everyone before the patch :D

Its been Chelsea for me. One season they won the league with 103 points :eek:.

on fm08 i had a problem with a super-strong man utd team. i was an exceptional side myself as arsenal, averaging 90 points a season, but it was so ridiculous that to beat man utd you couldnt afford draws anywhere really in the season, as they would drop so few points.

09/10: 4th

10/11: 1st

11/12: 6th

12/13: 1st (Fergie then retired)

13/14: 3rd

14/15: 3rd

15/16: 2nd

It's at that point in FM when I normally see Man Utd slip down the League into mid-table mediocrity. This is why I can't wait for him to resign in real life :D

*fingers crossed*

09/10: 9th.

League Cup 4th round: Middlesbrough 0:1 Man Utd

FA Cup 3rd round: Man Utd 2:2 Ipswich (lost on penalties)

Champions League 1st Knockout Round: Man Utd 5:5 CSKA Moscow (CSKA won on away goals) (1-3 away 4-2 at home)

Fergie wasnt fired.. (yet) (December 2010)

Just looked in my Newcastle save, in the Carling/Fa Cup (one or the other, can't remember :))) and Man United got smashed by Middlesborough (First season, so their a Championship side), Middlesbro took the game 4-0 :eek:

Then I looked at United squad and it was terrible! I didn't know the AI did the "use youngsters in cups" thing :p

Man Utd did well in my save so far.

09/10: 2nd with UCL Champion

10/11: 1st

11/12: 2nd (UCL runner up, lost to Benfica) - Fergie retired

12/13: 3rd (UCL runner up, lost to Barca) - Frank Rijkaard in charge

Under performing top fours are Chelsea and Liverpool (been outside top 4 since 10/11, but Rafa never get booted). Arsenal, though, have been consistent in the top 4.

Archived