Acquiring players on loan

Managing a team in the blue square north, getting players on loan is important to me. As it largely is in most divisions.

As reported elsewhere, even though my assistant manager or scout will tell me a player will be interested in joining my club, i will be routinely turned down after having the loan bid accepted. This isn't specific to my club as i had another save game higher up in the leagues and found the input of backroom staff with good stats to be equally useless.

If you conduct a player search for loans and tick the box to filter out unsuitable targets, the majority of players will still decline, which shouldn't be. I should say i can get poor players on loan, but good ones even when they are reportedly keen on joining on loan, decline. I have played previous fm/cm versions and know the advice offered by staff used to be accurate in this department.

I don't want to have to use the time consuming scattergun method of applying to 20 players just for 2 of them to accept. Rather than this being a moan, i assume we are all in the same boat so what do you guys do to gain players on loan?

I'm using 10.1 patch.

This is doing my head in, too.

I just got Southampton promoted to The Championship, and haven't really got a lot of dosh to spend. I figure that a few youngsters languishing in Premiership/Serie A/La Liga reserve teams that are listed for loan will do the job nicely, but no matter who I seem to go for, they "have no intention of joining Southampton" even though their profiles say they are "looking forward to gaining some first-team experience by going on loan."

I know my beloved Saints aren't the cream of the crop, but what kind of club were they expecting to get first-team experience with? Real Madrid? AC Milan?

Archived