"New Position" Training for Opposition Players

Not sure if this has been reported before (did not find it during search), or whether it's a bug at all, but I found that you are surprisingly able to set "New Position" training for your opponent's players.

Can't upload image right now (will try later), but try the following in-game:

1. Go to your squad view

2. Click on the "Views" drop-down menu, then "Custom>", then "Customize Current View"

3. From the column on the left, select "New Position" and Add it to the columns to be shown.

4. Click OK, and if everything is done correctly, in your squad view you will see the new positions that you are training your players in.

5. From the power user menubar at the bottom of the screen (where it says "Europe/England/Premier League/Chelsea" if you're managing Chelsea for example), click on the small arrow next to your team's name and select one of your opponents in the league.

Doing this, I was able to not only see what new positions my opponents are training in (which is perfectly fine), but also change the positions that they are training. So, if you really feel like playing games, you can set the whole Man Utd squad to become SW/DC (which theoretically reduces their training by 10% every month and can be used to your advantage).

Please let me know if this is a (known) issue, and if it can be replicated. I can try to upload screenshot as well, if necessary.

I tried this (setting all Man Utd players to be trained as SW/DC), and a month and a half later, the training still remained in tact - the AI had not reset it. I haven't tried it long enough to see:

1. Whether these get reset at the end of the season

2. Whether the players actually get trained in the position after a while, and if yes - what effect this has on team selection (i.e. Rooney becoming a DC/Striker and getting played as DC in our games instead of up-front)

Once I get through another season, I will share any new findings. If anyone has checked for the above, please feel free to share.

Ha ha, would be nice.

I don't think you can train players to GKs though (and you also can't train GKs to new positions)

I have an amateur goalkeeper in my Conference National squad who is competent at playing CD. I wonder which skills he would use. He has jumping so he could win a few headers... Maybe he could use tendency to punch instead of tackling. :D

Anyway, isn't it possible to change squad status (like key player or backup) or even transfer availability in the same way? :) I think there's a view to change them for your own team.

Archived