New Commentary lines..

Does anyone know how to open .cfg files?

Seems like the resource archiver doesn't seem to like them!

(I want to change these myself, just came across this thread through luck!)

Cheers,

Joe

Edit - Answer is to open with notepad!

Cheers for telling me the location!

Program files\Football Manager 2010\data\events\events.cfg is where the commentary lines are held. I assume you can edit them as you wish, never tried it myself though.

Where would i find the area to edit commentary lines using Windows 7? On my laptop (XP) I could find it in program files/ sports interactive but on W7 i can't find where to do it because there isnt a SI/FM file, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to do it in my documents?

Where would i find the area to edit commentary lines using Windows 7? On my laptop (XP) I could find it in program files/ sports interactive but on W7 i can't find where to do it because there isnt a SI/FM file, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to do it in my documents?

Im using Windows 7, and the method is exactly the same.

File folders and names don't change place or name at all, are you sure your looking the right place.

C:>Program Files>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010.

Its the same.

Im using Windows 7, and the method is exactly the same.

File folders and names don't change place or name at all, are you sure your looking the right place.

C:>Program Files>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010.

Its the same.

Yep, i'm sure i'm looking in the right place, and I don't know why it isn't there like it was last year, only difference is i'm on W7 instead of XP and I didn't install via Steam.

Edit - I went into parent dictionary, program files (x86), instead of just program files, and its there. :)

Archived