I love it when. . . . .

...your team is playing the better football and you get hammered!

...when your players dont tackle and just watch the other team run round them like they are not there!

...when the opposition hit 30 yard shots which ALWAYS hit the top corner but when your striker has a 1on1 he missis terribly!

...when you try every formation in the book but still cant even grind out a result, not even a decent draw!

...when the opposition are picking out long range passes that would look incredible in real life but all your players can do is hump the ball up into orbit!

...and the BEST ONE when your team have strung up about 6 passes and it all looks great untill one player fcuks it up and the opposion break and score!

Hardest Football Manager yet: :thup:

Most Realistic: :thdn:

... when a minority of forum users complain about the game when the majority love it and just get on with it.

... when gamers mistake "trying lots of formations" for being a good idea when trying to halt a losing streak.

... when gamers complain about losing too often without really understanding the match engine.

... when "I'm rubbish at the game" translates as "the game is broken".

... when the faults of the game are obvious, but people just HAVE to start their own thread about them despite being well documented elsewhere.

... when the same complaints are brought up again and again despite SI saying several times they are under review.

... when people expect perfection from a computer game and take it personally when it doesn't quite make it.

... when forum users slip swear words in covertly and get infractions/bans for doing to.

... when for every forum user stating the game is too hard there's another complaining it's too easy.

... when *I* start two different games with the same team (Newcastle) and on the first game I make mistakes, tactically, and get sacked by Xmas, but the second time round I think about what I did wrong, then try again, get to the top at Xmas, proving 100% in my mind that the game is not "fixed" despite the plethora of posts on the forum claiming it's "impossible" to win.

... when, after all is said and done, it is still, usually, your tactics ;-)

Sounds like someone is a bit disillusioned.

...Just because a team can play nice, attractive attacking footbal with a lot of possession doesn't mean they can win games;

...Check your tackling instructions, rigidity etc. Many things can dictate how keen players are to tackle;

...1on1s are doubtless as easy as they look. If your striker has missed a few then he'll be less confident in front of goal and that will give the goalie an advantage. Are you sure they're really 1on1s? Any players nearby that are putting your striker off?;

...Trying too many formations will unsettle your players. I thought everyone knew that;

...Have you asked your players to get rid of the ball quickly? Have you set distribution too direct or too short and are making little room for this intricate passing movement?;

...That's football isn't it? Don't individual player mistakes lead to chances for the opposition? You'd complain if everything was perfect and you'd score goal after outstanding goal...or would you?

There's an answer to everything you see in the games in FM10. You get nothing unless you work at it. Do that before you jump in and complain about realism.

And before you complain that you've done this and that and it didn't work, my answers are just to give you something to think about.

When my team is being hammered but still manages to win/draw

When I accept that my tactic doesnt work and find one that does, without blaming the game

I always blast through the matches with commentary only, so I can't give my view on most of yours :p

I love the game. I've hardly won anything on the game for the last few versions but I know its because of my errors. The new tactics on this football manager has made it A LOT easier to see where I have made mistakes in previous versions. You just have to stick with it and think carefully.

Look at Arsenal irl, they usually play better football and still can be on the losing side. The 30 yard shot and 1on1 miss happens a lot irl too. Take a look Burnley v Man United, Blake smashed one in for 1-0 and that's how it stayed.

Changing formations as people have already said will not help in the slightest, what if your team was starting to get used to the tatics and then you changed it.

Sounds like someone is a bit disillusioned.

...Just because a team can play nice, attractive attacking footbal with a lot of possession doesn't mean they can win games;

...Check your tackling instructions, rigidity etc. Many things can dictate how keen players are to tackle;

...1on1s are doubtless as easy as they look. If your striker has missed a few then he'll be less confident in front of goal and that will give the goalie an advantage. Are you sure they're really 1on1s? Any players nearby that are putting your striker off?;

...Trying too many formations will unsettle your players. I thought everyone knew that;

...Have you asked your players to get rid of the ball quickly? Have you set distribution too direct or too short and are making little room for this intricate passing movement?;

...That's football isn't it? Don't individual player mistakes lead to chances for the opposition? You'd complain if everything was perfect and you'd score goal after outstanding goal...or would you?

There's an answer to everything you see in the games in FM10. You get nothing unless you work at it. Do that before you jump in and complain about realism.

And before you complain that you've done this and that and it didn't work, my answers are just to give you something to think about.

Yes! That's it! Thank you thank you thank you! I never ever thought to check my tackling instructions. Genius!

... Keirrison is through 1 on 1 with the opposition keeper and scores

... a cross is floated into the box and Jo heads it past the keeper

... Man City buy a new player and put one of their current pretty decent players in the reserves for me to sign cheaply

... when Arsenal do the same

Yes! That's it! Thank you thank you thank you! I never ever thought to check my tackling instructions. Genius!

Really, well I guess that's where you are going wrong then. See, it's often the simplest things in life that you get wrong. I wouldn't call you a genius though.

...oh, look I can bring a thread down to a ridiculous level with unwarranted sarcasm too...

Yes, I was trying to help not be an idiot. Shame you couldn't offer anything yourself.

Archived