FM09 vs. FM10 difficulty

Guys,

what do you think? Which one is harder?

I know that there isn't a stright forward answer but just curious to see what you think.

Personnally, I'll give my vote for FM10 by a slight margin, i.e. FM10 is a bit more difficult.

Cheers

FM 10. There's never an easy match, even if your Man U you better play defensive and pray for a counter when you play Hull away.

In all seriousness Leagues are more competitive top to bottom.

I won Series A with Napoli in the first season (26-7-5, 83GF and 45GA) lol I definitely find '10 easier. Infact second season im topping my CL group that has me (napoli), barcelona, olympic lyonnaia and club brugge.

Quagliarella finished the season with 36 goals in 36 Serie A games (which Im pretty sure is a record, but the game never acknowledges it hah). Just my 2 cents

I won Series A with Napoli in the first season (26-7-5, 83GF and 45GA) lol I definitely find '10 easier. Infact second season im topping my CL group that has me (napoli), barcelona, olympic lyonnaia and club brugge.

Quagliarella finished the season with 36 goals in 36 Serie A games (which Im pretty sure is a record, but the game never acknowledges it hah). Just my 2 cents

Wish you could do that in real life for us. :D

with fm09, with a right tactics, you can go season and seasons without defeated, DCs can score like 3x goals per season. fm10, that's not happen. both games have their own easy way to win the match, but with fm10 you must have to rebuild tactics more often. a vote for fm10

This is the crazy thing. For me FM10 is much harder than 09 (which I thought had a pretty good balance between difficulty and fun). 08 was hard unless you used silly tactics, which kinda spoiled the point of the game. Easiest (and probably most fun imo) since the split was 06.

In 10 I've always been able to start seasons well (barring some tricky first months), but have never been able to sustain it for the whole season without a death spiral (ie going from winning 7 or 8 out of 10 to losing 7 or 8, not just a rought patch).

FM 10. There's never an easy match, even if your Man U you better play defensive and pray for a counter when you play Hull away.

In all seriousness Leagues are more competitive top to bottom.

I found out that in fm2010 big teams often play crappy against small teams. It seems the players get too careless and over-confident. Im managing Benfica and they play awesome agaisnt Man U yet lose to some 2nd league team. Also, when playing a bad team, its better to tell your key players "I expect a performance" or else they usually dont care much and ends with a rating of less than 7.0.

Buying players (especially talents) is a lot harder in FM10. While I agree that I struggle with FM10 tactics I found that I have already won more titles in FM10 than I had in FM09 in a whole year.

Yea seriously, the AI asks way too much for a fairly talented player yet only wants to pay little when buying. Cheap ass AI managers...

Yea seriously, the AI asks way too much for a fairly talented player yet only wants to pay little when buying. Cheap ass AI managers...

Actually I like it the way it is now. It was quite unrealistic in FM09 to get future top stars for 100k only.

FM10 gets my vote, that is clear.

i think the key is that the tactics is so much easier to implement and understand now that playing is a breeze. big teams must be very careful of complacency though - especially against the lesser teams.

oh, and this time when it rains, it really pours, no?

Archived