Backroom Advice in FM 11

You can already find out quite easily who would make the best captain.

The stats I always look for are Influence first and most important, followed by Determination and Decisions. I also consider Teamwork and Work Rate if I have a couple I can't choose between.

Not to mention, if your coaches feel another person is better suited to captain/vice captain, they will mention it to you. But you really don't need advice to choose a captain.

That too...Although I once made Andrea Barzagli captain about a month or two after I signed him on FM08...he was a monster on that game...always managed to get up to 20 in heading, marking, and tackling, and he was quick, strong, and tall...had Influence of about 18-20...he never stuck around at Palermo for too long :p

But yeah...what Brian said too.

Yeah with the captain thing, I was only using it as an example because it was the only one I could think of off the top of my head

But people are always banging on about how to make FM more realistic, and IRL communication with your coaches would not just be a one way thing. Surely the manager would ask the staff for advice

I'm not too sure how much more you could ask your coaches than you already get access too...maybe asking them how particular players are performing in training...there was always that option to tell a player if he performed well in training you would consider picking him for the first team, well it would be nice if you could keep track of how they are doing...getting your assistant to message you every week with an update or something...like "seems motivated in training" or "seemed unintereted"...Or just generally to find out how youth players are doing...

I can see your argument now though...and yeah it would be nice to be able to actually ask them for their opinion whenever you want it...

Archived