Your Computer Performance Rating & Your Setup

Just curious to see other people's performance rating and their chosen setup on FM10.

So, if you have a minute and would like to share, please answer the following questions:

1) What are your PC specs and what is your computer performance rating on FM?

2) What leagues are you running and with what database?

3) What is the estimate game speed rating for this setup?

4) How are you finding the speed of the game?

I thought that this thread might help others to decide on their setup and what leagues and database they should run when starting a new save.

Regards,

C.

My answers:

1) I've got an Intel Dual Core 1.66Ghz processor with 3 GB RAM. I get 2.5 stars.

2) I'm currently running all Italian leagues and the top two of Spain and England. Medium database is selected and I've retained current international players in Europe. That's 27,000 players.

3) I only get 1.5 stars for this setup. :eek:

4) Seems to be running nicely at the moment.

1) Intel quad core Q6600, 3GB RAM, lots of ROM. Star rating is 5:thup:

2) All Italian, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Brazilian, Argentinian, Portugese, S. African and Mexican Leagues, Large database.

3) One and a half stars.

4) About 8 hours to get to Dec first season, with another six surfing the web concurrently, so better than 09.

5) I would say a nice improvement on last year, though I've not gone far in the game yet.

Intel Pentium Duel core processor 3.40GHz

3.40 GHz. 2.00 GB of RAM

League running:

Belgium (Pro league only. For affiliate loans)

England down to BSN/S

France to National

Germany to D2

Italy to C2

Holland to Jupiler League

Portugal to Liga Vitalis

Scotland to Third Division

Spain to 2nd division B

Also loaded all players from Argentina and Brazil, for regens.

Estimated game speed: half a star

Game does run at an acceptable pace, but am having to use 3 file auto save every single day as crash dump errors are extremely frequent (and updating Sound and Video drivers, DirectX and Java has made no diffirence).

I take my FM'in seriously..

Laptop

- Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor

- 2.00 GHz

- 4GB RAM

- 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate

Leagues

All leagues on playable;

- England (to North/South Conference)

- France (to Ligue 2)

- Italy (to Serie B)

- Spain (to Liga Adelante)

- Germany (to 2. Bundesliga)

- Portugal (Liga Sagres only)

- Holland (Eredivisie only)

- South Africa (ABSA Premiership only)

- Mexico (Primera Mexicana only)

- United States (MLS only)

- Belgium (Jupiler Pro League only)

- Greece (Superleague only)

- Israel (Ligat Toto only)

- Russia (Prem'er Liga only)

- Scotland (to Third Division)

- Turkey (Super Lig only)

- Ukraine (Premier-Liha only)

- Australia (A-League only)

- Argentina (CableVision Premira only)

- Brazil (Brasileirao only)

That makes 82,000 Players & 32 Playable Leagues

Estimated/Actual Game Speed

Estimated: Half a Star

Actual: I still bomb through seasons pretty quick, I can't see how this is slow? Maybe after a years worth of really slow FM09 gaming, it shows what a difference SI made this year.. Great Job! I would love to see how fast five stars actually is, is that just running one league? To be honest, the speed I have it is running at seems normal.

Also I haven't yet hit a crash dump? My game is yet to crash, freeze or even stutter.

I haven't even got the greatest of graphics cards to be totally honest, but still.. it is all going great :thup:

1) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2,66 GHz, 4 GB Memory, GeForce GTX 260 896MB

2) this pic shows the leagues, basically i'm running them all + all divisions, but only got playable on the ones in europe: http://i48.tinypic.com/a163pj.jpg, running large database with all 6 continents select (player of nationatilty) (all together 300,000 players are loaded)

3) I got half a star in est. game speed, still 5 stars in computer performace though

4) I find it to be just fine, since i do alot of stuff on the side (surfing, watching tv and so) it goes quite ok.

1. Core 2 duo T7300 @ 2.00GHz, 4gb RAM. Performance rating is four stars.

2. All English leagues loaded (non edited), large database with extra players loaded (player count 20000).

3. Estimated speed is three and a half stars.

4. Game speed is great, I'm nine seasons in and there's barely any pauses.

1. Specs - Core2duo 2.33ghz 4gb ram. Windows7 Home Premium 32bit. 5 stars for performance.

2. Leagues - Argentina(Premier League), Brazil (1st Division), England (League2 & above), France (CFA), Germany (3rd Division & above), Italy (Serie C2 & above), Spain (Second DivB) & Scotland*

Large DB

*Scotland is a restructured league that I downloaded from the editors hideaway.

3. Game Speed 1.5 stars.

4. Speed is acceptable. I'm a patient chap anyway.

One final point about the stars that no-one has mentioned unless i've missed it! It has been mentioned in various threads by users and si staff that the star ratings dont work properly yet and you shouldn't really be too concerned if you get a low rating on an apparently high spec computer. This hopefully will be addressed in the next patch.

It has been mentioned in various threads by users and si staff that the star ratings dont work properly yet and you shouldn't really be too concerned if you get a low rating on an apparently high spec computer. This hopefully will be addressed in the next patch.

Got any links to where SI have said this?

Cheers,

C.

specs- intel e2200 oc'd to 3.0ghz, 2gb ocz ddr667 ram, 2x250gb samsung sp sata 2 in raid, xfx gtx 260 black, win 7 ultimate 64

leagues- all divisions from england, scotland, italy and spain, large database equates to 23000 players

comp performance- 5 stars

est. game speed 3.5 stars

speed of the game is absolutely fine, im finding that processing is alot faster than last years offering

Specs - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 6000+ 3 GHz, 2 gig of ram, 32 bit operating system, NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTS x 2

Comp performance is 5 stars and speed is 1 and a half stars

Leagues loaded

Argentina and brazil and view only

England - Blue square and below

France - CFA and below

Germany - Third division and below

Holland - Jupiler and below

Italy - Serie C2 and below

Portugal - Second division and below

Spain - Second devision B and below

The game runs fine but I have noticed I suffer from crash dumps If I try and do alot while playing the game ie surfing net,

Intel Core 2 Quad, Q8200 @ 2.33GHz.4GB RAM. Vista 64 Bit.nvidia GeForce GT 220.

Graphics Rate as 4 stars

database size large, 35000 players

England Blue square north/south

Italy Serie C

Scotland Third Division

Spain Second Division B

Holland Eredivisie View Only

Germany First Division View Only

France Ligue 1 View only

Computer Performance 5 stars

Game Speed 3 and a half stars

Q6700 @ 3.5, 6GB DDR3, 64-bit Vista and 2 x nVidia 9800 GX2. 5 star rating.

I run with about 6 leagues, usually England, Spain, France, Italy, Brazil and Argentina. All on large, i could run more leagues but those six do me fine (:

5 stars

Speed of the game is fine, runs leagues and games very fast. No surprise really.

Ok im on a:

Core i7 920 overclocked to 3.5 gig from stock 2.6

A Radeon 4890 1GB graphics card (not that a graphics card is vital for this game)

6GB OCZ DDR3 RAM (rated at 2000Meg, although i cant get it to run that fast)

and wait for it.........

Leagues U.S.A. (MLS only) , Eng (blue Sqr, North/South and above) , France (League 1 Only) , Germany (1st div) , Italy (Serie A only), Holland (eredivision) Portugal (Liga Vitalis and above) Scotland (3rd division and above) Spain (Liga BBVA only) , Argentina (Second Div and Above) Brazil (second div and above).

On top of this though i loaded the default large database then added all players from every continent in the world (my player count then went to near the max of 290, 000) , so apart from my game giving me crashes all the bloody time, (due to bugs, im hoping the second patch sorts out because if not then my steam version of the game is useless!) it runs pretty smoothly!!

I have searched and I couldn't find anything from SI about it, which is why I asked.

Oddly enough I also searched looking for some links to post but I couldn't find any either for some reason :confused: I assure you though that I have seen it mentioned on these forums before.

Im not a computer tech buff...so not sure about the major details of my comp but will try and look them up and add them later.

My star rating is half however and im running the same as i always do on FM

English prem-Blue sq n/s

Spanish la liga - 2

Italy serie A&B

Runs fine until i get to a match day and the 3D game then it runs very slow transfering from match to half time and back etc

Not a big fan of the 3D thing anyway, would prefer to have the old 2d top down view ala FM07 but dont know how to get on this version or even if you can.

Only other problem i do get is "Virutal memory low" can this be rectified by adding an external hard drive???

Just curious to see other people's performance rating and their chosen setup on FM10.

So, if you have a minute and would like to share, please answer the following questions:

I thought that this thread might help others to decide on their setup and what leagues and database they should run when starting a new save.

Regards,

C.

1) Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2x2.66Ghz), 4GB DDR2 PC6400 RAM, 1,5TB HDD, ATI Radeon HD 4770, Running Windows 7 64-bit - 5 stars rating.

2) Current game: Large db, England (League Two and above), France (CFA and above), Spain (Segunda B and above) & Sweden (Division 3 and above)

3) 3 stars.

4) it's fast and responsive, not very long loadtimes.

Q6700 2.67Ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HDD, GeForce 260GTX 896MB

5 Stars

96 leagues in 40 countries. Default database

Half a star

Quite good actually. Haven't timed it, but i rarely have to wait more than a minute or 2

for the game to advance, after clicking continue

1) I'm on a Macbook...2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2GB RAM

2) I normally run all English leagues (playable) + Scotland, Spain, Italy (sometimes Holland and France)

3) 3.5-4 stars

(2.5-3 stars if final 3 are playable too)

4) My game speed is very fast...so I'd love to see a full 5 star game play

As others have said, I find that after so much FM09 play...FM10 seems super quick and I get through seasons really quickly.

:)This is the specs of my new PC,1 week old and still running in!

Intel Quad CPU Q9550 2.83GHz,4gb memory(ram),Nvidia 9800GT 1gb Graphics card,display mode 1920+1080,,,Windows 7,64bit OS,

Playable Leagues,England level10 and above,,Italian Serie 2 and above!

Watching only Leagues,Germany Third and above,France National and above,Portugal Second and above.Scotland Third and above,Spain Second DivB and above!,,,Database Large!

Estimated game speed 4 Stars,,,3D Rating 5 Stars!

Very pleased on how quick it processes the early Trophy+FA Cup round results"seconds",:)

AMD Phenom II 955 Quad Core 3.20 Ghz, 4Mb Ram. Computer Rating 5 star

Playable only Engalnd Blue Sq and above and MLS. Watching about 15 or so leagues. Medium database

5 star and 5 start for 3D

Very quick. Only set a easy load just to try the game will set up a new game with speed rating about 2 star after the next patch.

Just tested 27 leagues on large database. With 12 playable and total of 47 leagues. Got 2 stars might go wth that on the next save

I'm going to be running an absolute bucket-load of leagues. I only have a 2.8GHz dual core laptop and 3GHz dual core PC (both 4 have 4 gig ram) and I'll get 5 star performance, half star rating with the leagues selected. I don't care though. I never have. I've always selected heaps of leagues because I like the world to be as immersive as possible. My longest save has only been about 3 years in the past though. On my desktop I use 2 monitors so if it's loading in one screen, I can just surf on the other.

Apparently FM 10 is faster than previous versions so that's a bonus :)

I have a newbie question to ask here. What is the difference between computer performance and game speed? Which is more important? If computer performance is 1 star but game speed is 5 stars, does that mean the game will run slow or fast? If the computer performance is 5 stars but my game speed is only 1 star, will the game run fast? Thanks!

Hello "C", Bertie here, what ho! Here are my details as requested.

1. Pentium duo core 1.86.

2. England down to Coca Cola League Two. Scotland down to Third Division. All fully playable.

3. 1Tbyte hard drive, 3gb ram, 512 dedicated Nvidia 8600 graphics card.

4. Large database [15000 players].

5. No transfer budget in the first window.

6. PC performance = 3.5*s.

7. Estimated game speed = 4*s. The game plays rather well in Windows mode. That's about it, old bean. Tally Ho!

Ok as i said earlier im not a computer tech buff, but having looked up my systems info, this is what ive got currently.

Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

Processor: x86family 6 model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD 2157Mhz

Total Physical Memory: 512.00MB

Total Virtual memory: 2.00GB

I always play english Prem through to Blue Sq N/S, Spanish leagues 1&2, Italian leagues A&B.

With a medium database.

On the star rating things i get 1/2 a star

Game runs fine from day to day, however come match day, its very slow and although it plays the 3D view (Im not a big fan of it so trying to get the old view back).

If anyone can advise based on the info ive given as to what would help me get a more enjoyable FM experience then i would be greatful for any feedback.

Cheers

Nice to hear from you Oescus. What ho, what ho, what ho and all that rot! :p

Sounds like you've got a dashed decent setup there old chap!

I trust you are having some success with your save this year? Not bally Hull City again, I hope! ;)

Toodle-pip,

C.

To tell the truth "C", I've rather been messing about between Hull and Chester. I haven't really had enough time since the new game came out. I've just had sme minor knee operations in the last fortnight. Would you believe a 67yr od playing 7-a-side rugby? Serve me damn well right. I am seriously thinking of Sheffield Wednesday as they are what I call a sleeping giant. However, I keep getting brought back to Hull City.

If it is just match day that is bothering you, turn off the 3D in the Preferences menu and use the 2D classic instead.

I run 2D classic and it is a lot quicker to load up on my computer than 3D.

C.

Thank you very much for feedback.

Im guessing that if i added an external hard drive and a faster processor that would help??

Thank you very much for feedback.

Im guessing that if i added an external hard drive and a faster processor that would help??

Not sure an external hard drive would help.

Certainly a faster processor would.

Go to http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk as they have a whole page dedicated to speeding up your machine.

I would suggest downloading CCleaner from the Internet (google it) and using that to disable start up programs and to delete applications you don't need.

Try to shut down as much as you can while playing FM (i.e. non-essential stuff that is running in the background).

Your processor and RAM is by far the most important thing. Get some more RAM if you can.

I'm not an expert but those would be my tips. Hopefully someone else might be able to give some more advice.

Hope that helps.

C.

To tell the truth "C", I've rather been messing about between Hull and Chester. I haven't really had enough time since the new game came out. I've just had sme minor knee operations in the last fortnight. Would you believe a 67yr od playing 7-a-side rugby? Serve me damn well right. I am seriously thinking of Sheffield Wednesday as they are what I call a sleeping giant. However, I keep getting brought back to Hull City.

Dear oh dear Oescus! You've been in the wars again then. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that. I think less rugby for you and more Football Manager. ;)

You and your Hull City fetish! :D I expect I'll see you over in the tactics forum shortly!

Good luck with the Tigers!

Regards,

C.

Not sure an external hard drive would help.

Certainly a faster processor would.

Go to http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk as they have a whole page dedicated to speeding up your machine.

I would suggest downloading CCleaner from the Internet (google it) and using that to disable start up programs and to delete applications you don't need.

Try to shut down as much as you can while playing FM (i.e. non-essential stuff that is running in the background).

Your processor and RAM is by far the most important thing. Get some more RAM if you can.

I'm not an expert but those would be my tips. Hopefully someone else might be able to give some more advice.

Hope that helps.

C.

Cheers thanks, looks like my computer technology schooling starts here....cant cope without having my FM, so will look in to it.

Thank you again for the help.

Glad this got brought up. I've being wondering about the star system since I first saw it.

Intel Celeron 925 Dual Core @ 3.00GHZ.

2.0GB RAM.

Rating = Half a Star.

England - Blue Square Prem. and Up.

France - Ligue 1.

Germany - First Division.

Italy - Serie A.

Spain - Liga BBVA.

Brazil - First Division.

Medium Database.

Total of 10 Leagues.

1/2 a Star.

It doesn't seem half a star slow. Obviously the issue of the stars not actually working properly could be a reason that the game actually seems to play faster than what a half star rating would warrant. I wouldn't of thought my system was half a star rating in performance.

Archived