Odd match ratings

Has anyone else seen very strange match ratings?

When I played West Brom Scott Carson let 5 goals in on 5 shots on target and he gets an 7.9. Huh?

When looking at players I saw that Pato had a seasonal rating of 8.4, amazing! I looked at his stats and he played 41 scored 9 and assisted 2 with 0 MOM's. Those stats add up to an 8.4? By comparison Cardozo played 31 in the EPL scored 35 assisted 13 with 12 MOM's and he gets a 7.5, this makes no sense.

I'm just thinking that someone playing up front should be expected to get the team goals. I get that he could have been good with those numbers but a 8.4 average for a striker who had a hand in 11 goals all season is a bit extreme.

Purely in an FM sense have you ever had a striker get an 8 without a goal or any assists?

The rating for GK is the most confusing one as it takes the difficulty of saving into consideration. Meanwhile, an assist will drastically increase the rating as well. (Interceptions and important passes also count. Sometimes they might even have tackles or headers)

Ratings in an inactive league (not on "full detail") will be strange, like the Pato one.

I'm just thinking that someone playing up front should be expected to get the team goals. I get that he could have been good with those numbers but a 8.4 average for a striker who had a hand in 11 goals all season is a bit extreme.

Purely in an FM sense have you ever had a striker get an 8 without a goal or any assists?

If he does everything right except scoring then why not get above 8? I admit if the league is inactive strange things can happen

Archived