Angry Captain!

What the hell, that makes the 4th stupid red card he's gotten last season and the start of this season (first 6 matches). What the hell is wrong with him, everything is going well, 1-0 up. Then bam, we get a freekick and he pulls a Zidane on the opposition striker! From what the match reports have said, the first one (early last season) he punched a striker. The second he kicked a striker. The third he kicked the opposition goalkeeper, on our corner! This as I said we get a freekick and he headbutted someone!

Here's exactly what the match report says:

Lloris restarted the game from the goal kick

Brandy went after the ball

Ricky Hart jumped with Brandy and won the ball

Ricky Hart flicked the ball onto Costanzo

Antonio Costanzo turned with the ball

Costanzo played the ball to Nielsen's feet

Richard did well to pick out and intercept that pass

Stephane Richard managed to turn on the ball

Richard played the ball forward

A freekick was awarded to Derby

Li Hui handled the ball

Vidal headbutted Li Hui !!!

Mr Webb sent Vidal off

Oh well, a 2-2 draw in the end. Vaz Te saving Pompey from 2-0 down late (his second goal was after the allocated 4 minutes of added time).

Actually, in my fit of blind rage, who do you all think should be captain.

First of all (The year is 2019):

Arturo Vidal [DC] (just keep him as Captain) - 32, at the club since 2010 (9 years) and has been captain since 2015. He has made 554 appearences in that time. Influence of 18, ambitious nature (fits in well). Speaks English. His position is however already under threat in the first team which is another reason for me considering this.

Omar Benzerga [DM] - 29, at the club since 2017 and has made 124 appearences for the club. Influence of 15, ambitious and fits in well. Speaks English. Has a decent hold of his place in the team and with Muamba on his way out it seems more than likely that he is a sure started in the future. He is also the current vice-captain.

Antonio Costanzo [AMC] - 28, at the club since 2015 and has made 245 appearences for the club. Influence of 14, of a determined nature, fits in well. Speaks English. Very intelligent footballer. One of the clubs top players.

Junya Takahashi [GK] - 27, just signed. Only made 3 appearences due to an injury. Influence of 16, and fits in well. Speaks English. Has recently taken Ochoa's GK position off of him after a series of mistakes.

Simon Jackson [DC] - 22, just signed. He has 10 appearences under his belt. Influence of 15, fits in well. He is English. He and Werder are currently battling for a position. He has been winning the battle and Vidal is the one that is missing out with my other strong defender Werder taking his place.

Have you ever fined him for violent conduct?

Generally, for sendings off I discipline players the following:

2 yellows through fouls: nothing.

2 yellows, 2nd one for dissent: warning.

Straight red for (eg) fouling when 1-on-1: nothing.

Straight red for (eg) two-footed tackle: warning.

Straight red for violent conduct: 2-week fine.

It's not an exact template but as a rough guide I'd say it was pretty effective. Anyone I fine for violence hasn't re-offended to date.

Might not be the case with you, of course. If you've tried punishing him, take the armband off him. It'll disgruntle a few players initially but might calm him down.

wouldnt he be in prison by now.

anyway i would change him but only in the off season because he has been captain for so long people wil get really p***** off if you change it now.

i tend to go with dm's for capt. anyway. so the current vice should be mved up then id go for the 22 year old for the new vice captain.

Well, he's been removed from his post for Costanzo. The responses were nearly all positive. Vidal himself took it like a man and didn't respond. The only person who was annoyed was Muamba, and that's only because he thought he deserved the position.

I had enough of Vidal as Captain anyhow, and now I'm not under so much pressure to select him allowing the younger Werder and a couple other defenders to have a run. He's still a great player, but after all of this I'm just sick of him.

your captain presumably has a Sportsmanship attribute of 1.

This is a good example of how having these hidden attributes for your own players is a bit daft. Realistically, you'd know the player well enough to give him such responsibility without finding out this way!

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Some guy....:

He fine for 7 years and 2 years as Captain. Then he began this.

So who's his new WAG? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he hasn't got one, hence his pent-up aggression.

This happened to me too when I chose Vidal as my captain. All his mental stats and abilities shouted "Captain" at me when I had to chose a new one his second season with the club. Missed six out of my first 10 matches of the season after picking up two straight red cards. Fined him two weeks wages each time. After he picked up two yellows a couple weeks later, I dedided I'd had enough and fined him two weeks wages again. He complained, but never picked up another red for me and finished the season with "only" 11 yellows. Pretty good considering he had been on pace to finish with a card per match at the beginning.

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Okay, here's the situation. One of my young defenders were injured, I didn't think that my other one was up to the challenge yet and so Arturo 'suspended for 6 matches' Vidal had to return to the side. So there we are, 1-0 when:

Sam Hutchinson moved across to take his side's throw-in

Jocob Mellis kept the ball moving

Mellis passed to Hitchinson

Hutchinson aimed a cross at the near post

Bernhard Winther lost his man and found himself with plenty of room

The head of Bernhard Winther met the ball

WINTHER SCORED FOR BOLTON!!

Bolton have levelled the match

Derby showed the referee and his assistant what they thought of that decision!

Mr Mason called Vidal over and showed him his second yellow card

Vidal took an early bath !

Hmmm... I think I can get about £7-10 million for him if I try really hard. Because he's no longer a part of the first team!

Just in case anyone was wondering, Zeefuik scored an amazing individual effort to give Derby the lead again and Cliff Brown scored his first ever goal for Derby to win the match 3-1.

Archived