Team Talks - What do They Really Mean?

Is there a thread about what team talks really mean and when best to be imployed. After reading WWFan saying that "Don't let your performance drop" Should be used when your team are playing poorly but winning by a narrow margin, I need to know what team talks mean as that seems a poor thing to say to a team playing badly; surely encouragement would be better.

Personally i feel this has been the worst feature that has ever been introduced to the game.

The effect of incorrect talks is huge, much more so than they should warrant.

I too was taken aback by WWFans revelation of the true meaning of 'don't let your performance drop'.

I feel a lot of the problems that people have with the game would be alleviated if this feature could in some way be turned off.

I guess we could edit the perfect Assistant Manager to do all the talks but, well you know..

Here is an excellent post for 09 team talks and media interaction. Would have thought the principles are still the same.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=12330

Sadly, that link contains the following explanation of Don't let your performance drop:

If you are leading closely and feel your team is in control and dominating but has to stay focused to keep the lead.

That seems to be the logical interpretation, but wwfan has said that isn't what it means. See the OP for wwfan's explanation.

It would be nice if we could get a definitive list from the SI boys of what they all mean - they have done it for the tactics, would be good if they could do it for the Team Talks too.

Although I guess, in real life we all react in different ways to instructions and comments, so maybe that's what they are trying to reflect here?

In my opinion ot very obvious that every single person reacts differently from other from certain team talks. Some are easy to "talk up" and some break down and cry if you even look at them with anything less then a big smile. Totally realistic imo. It's very human.

The only way to make full use of this is to take notes and study how each and every player reacts to tealmtalks. Way too tedious to care about imo :p

Take note of that im speculating now, im not trying to make this a Rafa fact ;)

The only thing you need to know about team talks is to never say that you are pleased at half time. Do that at your own peril! :p

See I do pleased at half time and it is not bad in fact I go on and do well in the second half and have never lost or drawn when saying pleased at half time.

It is just knowing what to say at the right time:thup:.

See I do pleased at half time and it is not bad in fact I go on and do well in the second half and have never lost or drawn when saying pleased at half time.

The pleased bit never works my players get complacent if I say that.

I have had plenty of good results by saying I'm pleased with them at half time. Depends on your team personalities. Like an earlier post said - their cannot be a definitive answer to the effect of team talks as each team member is different.

Archived