highest scoring matches or incredibly tight ones.

What has been your highest scoring matches or matches which left you with no finger nails(or if the result went against you, a broken monitor);) in fm to date?

I had a 6-4 game against sunderland(playing as united) where I was 4-0 up at half time. 5-4 up by 70 minute then sealed it in the 80-85 min.

In the Champions league I beat Barcelona 4-1 in the first leg at home, went a goal down early but finished strongly. Felt secure and played a slightly weakened team in the 2nd leg in the first 20 mins I went 2-0 up, relief. Then xavi took me apart scoring two unbelievable volleys. Suddenly with twenty mins left the score was 5-3 to barca (7-6 on aggregate to me) with messi destroying fabio down my left side. I changed tactics and then left the room in worry only to come back 30 rl mins later to see we hung on. Coulda cried.:D haha

Just edged a 2-1 away win against Spartak Moscow (I'm managing Amkar, a mid-table side that consider Spartak a rival for some reason).

I noticed that they had a great AMC playmaker so I decided at the last minute to change my formation and try what I call the Almería-manoeuvre :D when Almería played Barcelona earlier this season they let one player man-mark Xavi throughout the entire game. I decided to try the same thing so I switched from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 and let my Brazilian DM man-mark their Brazilian playmaker. And it worked. They still created a few chances but not many and after the first half I was 2-0 up! In the second half they put some more pressure on and I had a hard time figuring out what to do and with 15 minutes left their playmaker scored a one-on-one. I saw they had switched to 4-4-2 and the last 15 minutes were a bombardement of my goal although I still had the occasional counter attack. In the last 15 minutes one af my defenders kicked the ball off the goalline twice and in injury time my keeper almost cost me the game but I won in the end! One of the best 2-1 wins to date!

Archived