Emergency Loans...in the English Football League

To me, it looks like the football league more or less sticking 2 fingers up at FIFA - we don't want the transfer window, FIFA have left a loophole, so let's exploit it basically :D

Maybe I am missing something, but if I try to loan someone in outside of the "window" the "loan" option seems greyed out?

I have to say, I haven't tried it in FM2010, but it certainly worked in FM2009. The loan window doesn't actually open until a week or two after the transfer window closes, and closes again maybe a month before the window reopens (I can't remember the exact dates), so that may be the problem. What game date are you on? It also only applies to domestic players by the way, you can't loan in players from abroad (even players from scotland etc).

the questions a good one, and the answer is as far as I know you can't get an emergency loan outside the loan window in FM10.

you will get prompts when the loan window is open and during that time it's not an issue, but when the window is closed you can't, unless of course you sign a player who is unattached on a short term contract, which might do the trick, as he will not be effected by any transfer windows.

Archived