English League Cup prize money

Just lost in the 2011-12 League Cup semi-finals to Chelsea while playing Blackpool. I had noticed that I wasn't receiving any round-by-round prize money during the competition (my first season in the competition after leaving Fleetwood for the Blackpool job late in the 2010-11 season). I thought maybe I'd get some sum after getting eliminated, but...nada. Didn't even make any money on the home tie with Chelsea. Is this a known issue, or does the League Cup not issue prize money anymore?

League cup prize money is an absolute pittance anyway, isn't it only a few thousand even up to the late, late stages of the competition? You may want to check your finances and see if its gone in without you being told, it may have something to do with your news subscriptions.

Definitely didn't go in without notice, I can account for all prize money listed for the season through the FA Cup. If I don't see anything after the final, I guess I'll report it as a bug.

When you're 7K per week under salary budget and still bleeding money like a Wall Street banker, every little bit helps! :)

Archived