New idea for FM 2011?

Hi everyone,

i just came up with an idea for the next Football Manager.

What if you could arrange friendly's with country's? But instead that you keep the incomings of the game (tickets,...) you give it away to charity. "You must be crazy", that's what you'll probably be thinking reading this, but for giving away the money your reputation slightly increases, making it other (and sometimes better) players might get interested in playing for your team.

It was just an idea.

Grtz,

Yannis

P.S.: I don't know if this is the right subforum because this is my first post, if it's wrong can a mod move it? Thnx!

I like it. It doesn't really happen in real life but what the hell, it should be in there.

My proposition for Fm11 is that you should be able to design your managers office, create the clubs new kits every season and also pilot the plane when you play abroad. If you perform well in these areas then your reputation slightly increases, making it other (and sometimes better) players might get interested in playing for your team.

I like it. It doesn't really happen in real life but what the hell, it should be in there.

My proposition for Fm11 is that you should be able to design your managers office, create the clubs new kits every season and also pilot the plane when you play abroad. If you perform well in these areas then your reputation slightly increases, making it other (and sometimes better) players might get interested in playing for your team.

Very sarcastic

lol

I do often think it would be nice if you could change kit colours :p perhaps we could get Gok Wan in on a nice weekly wage to design them for us :)

As for the idea of this thread...I don't think it would be a good idea. National teams can only play on certain dates that are set out by FIFA, they get told what dates will be their competitive fixtures, and what dates are available for friendlies. Other than that they cannot call up players and arrange matches, and let's face it, most people playing the game would be losing their players to international fixtures anyway, and those that don't wouldn't be big enough clubs to compete with a lot of countries.

As long as you don't go for a drink in the pub before, how hard can it be? Maybe they should ask trivia about the place you are travelling to, and that turns into miles flown. The more you get right, the closer you get to your destination. If you answer too many wrong, you could force your team to drive by coach the rest of the way...could be shown by your players having lower than normal fitness :p

As long as you don't go for a drink in the pub before, how hard can it be? Maybe they should ask trivia about the place you are travelling to, and that turns into miles flown. The more you get right, the closer you get to your destination. If you answer too many wrong, you could force your team to drive by coach the rest of the way...could be shown by your players having lower than normal fitness :p

To be honest thats not such a bad idea if it were tweaked a little. If you think about Champions League games being played in Eastern Europe, managers are always complaining about the distance affecting the players fitness due to the long flights. Maybe the long journey could be translated into a longer loading time, which will see your players fitness begin to drop slightly.

My idea is a way to talk about a certain subject that become concern of my player anytime. i.e. If one of my player get itchy feet I could always talk to him the reason he's not playing anytime I want. The same thing for low-morale player. I could encourage him by individual interaction in ordinary day so depends on his attribute he may increase his morale to at least okay.

Well I think if done in a slightly better way this could work. Teams do play countries. Liverpool and Man Utd this season played the likes of Singapore and other asian countries. But rep increase would be bad...if the benefit were to be merchandising income then go for it. Downsides to the trip are fatigue and cost of travel. So smaller teams couldn't do it.

• 4 months later...

ah-hem, sorry to intrude, it happens when big teams tour asia in sight of revenue and exposure.. vs singapore, malaysia, myanmar, thailand etc :)

Archived